1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mazda2

Sassou concept

Toyota Yaris

Leaked pictures:

- Will be shown at the Geneva Motor Show
- A 3-door will come too
- 1.3 75hp + 1.5 103hp engines (diesels will follow too)
- length: 3.88 meter. Width: 1.69 meter
- Build in Japan instead of Europe (lack of quality)

Looks like a Toyota Yaris with Mazda Sassou concept elements but then sportier. Looks good (I hate those huge frontlights though) but not very original. But a whole lot better then the current one!

G

·
0 Posts
If I was in the market for a car like this, I'd definitely choose it over a Fit, Yaris or Versa. The wheels on the concept would look great on it.

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
are there plans to release it in the states??

·
Registered
976 Posts
looks like a 5dr focus except sportier. engine is small but hey that's what the world needs right now with all the pollution & global warming...

A

·
0 Posts
Looks like the perfect Versa fighter.

Hopefully it'll come to the states (and either my cousin or siblings would get it)

·
Registered
976 Posts
[quote author=Ahura link=topic=69402.msg1206670#msg1206670 date=1171440805]
Does the new Mazda2 has those lines at the side too? That would be a good thing! I think they are indeed planning to get it to the US. They say that a MPS (Mazdaspeed) version will come too
[/quote]

Looks like a little puppy...that's cute. But it won't be funny anymore if they can stick a DISI turbo in for the mazdaspeed version..THAT'D BE SICK!! That'll definitely make a cute little sleeper.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
it looks more like a hamster or mouse...

actually looks pretty cool.

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
i'd buy a small, two-door msp version in a heartbeat.

i love the way it looks now though. though i'm sure the interior is pretty "cozy".

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Wallpapers exterior: http://www.km77.com/00/mazda/2/g01.asp
Wallpapers interior: http://www.km77.com/00/mazda/2/g02.asp

Looks pretty cool actually! I really like the grey one (with different frontbumper, grille, sideskirts, rearspoiler). But the interior looks horrible. And the doors look very cheap and dated. And the design of the interior is a bit like the previous Yaris

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
The Galaxy Gray Mazda2 looks really nice. I think the interior looks fine...and NOTHING like the interior of the Yaris. Where do you see similarities?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Would be nice if they make it into a 2 seater convertible. If not at least make it into a 2 door and throw in a DISI turbo. That'd be hot.

·
Registered
102 Posts
2008 Mazda 2 - New baby in the family

The car that will form the basis of the new baby Ford for the US market will make it's first public appearance in Geneva this week, and we've got the official images from Mazda right here. The little machine has a style that fits right in with the current Mazda design language, including the prominent front fender curves and the lower body character line that sweeps up into the rear fenders. Engines for Europe include a trio of new gas engines of 1.3 and 1.5L displacements ranging from 75hp to 103hp. The two should be arriving on our shores sometime in 2008.

Article Link w/ images: http://www.autoblog.com/2007/03/04/geneva-motor-show-2008-mazda2/

·
Registered
63 Posts
Re: 2008 Mazda 2 - New baby in the family

I like this little car, for what it is. If I were in the market for a Toyota Yaris, the baby Scion, or a Honda Fit and I saw the M2, my decision would be made. This is a sporty little car, instead of a cheap looking little car... And the interior is cool, too--a little Mini Cooper influence I'd say, without being totally over the top (which I think the Cooper is). Only thing I don't like is the Mickey Mouse stereo--the two round vents on each side are just too Mickey-ears for me. It's better than the Miata's, though.

I also think the M2 is probably showing some of what the next gen M3 will have... Imagine the M2 a little longer, wider, more aggressive looking... I think Mazda might do okay with the next gen 3's.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts