Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up here in the north east (NH, Mass, and Ct) the Mz3 seems to be in very short supply and most dealers wont get fresh shipments untill lat march or april. Is anyone else out there having this problem? I am really chomping at the bit to buy one, and now i have to wait even longer untill they have what I want in stock. Now because of the short supply, that probaly means that my negoationg power dwindles right? I talked to some dealers and they were actualy selling above MSRP and said they would not budge. I certianly dont want to pay 20k when i can pay 17k or so. This is quite frustrating

·
Registered
420 Posts
Why not order one if it will take that long? A dealer will be happy to order it and not have it sit on his lot. They save $$$ that way and they can pass the savings on to you!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought of that, it takes like 6 to 8 weeks for an order i think, right? Is it easyer to negotiate a price that way? This is the first new car ive bought so i am not too sure of everything.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Was at my local dealership today ( Morrey Mazda, North Shore) and the salesman said if you want one from the factory the average wait right now is 2 months, especially if you want it loaded. That's quite the wait and Vancouver is even a port of entry, anyone east of us is going to wait even longer. He did say they expect a much larger selection to be on the lots in April/May, of course he had to add that they don't have to put any effort into selling the car.

vermin

·
Registered
302 Posts
You could always road trip to somewhere where they are not in short supply and get one that you want with no wait at all :D

·
Registered
256 Posts
Murrato said:
I can only speak for Dallas. No they are not in short supply here. On model searches from the Mazda website ther are over 300 (sedan & HB) within 50 miles. Of course what do you expect in truck and SUV happy Texas.
A friend of mine saw a large number on the web site at a dealer near us. When he got there, though, there was only one on the lot. The dealer told him that the cars go up on the site as soon as they are allocated at the factory in Japan. There are a lot up on the web site for the Northeast, but maybe all I'm seeing are those that are on their way?

·
Registered
51 Posts
In the northeast the car is definitely in short supply. When I was shopping for my car I ran into the same problem - the website inventory was huge, but the dealers don't actually have the cars yet. It took my dealer nearly a month to find the car I wanted from another dealer in NJ (I'm in CT). I still paid invoice for the car, though.

·
Registered
330 Posts
EnFuego138 said:
Murrato said:
I can only speak for Dallas. No they are not in short supply here. On model searches from the Mazda website ther are over 300 (sedan & HB) within 50 miles. Of course what do you expect in truck and SUV happy Texas.
A friend of mine saw a large number on the web site at a dealer near us. When he got there, though, there was only one on the lot. The dealer told him that the cars go up on the site as soon as they are allocated at the factory in Japan. There are a lot up on the web site for the Northeast, but maybe all I'm seeing are those that are on their way?
I have been to three dealers here in D/FW and the web allocations here pretty much match what they had on their lots.

·
Registered
38 Posts
EnFuego138 said:
Murrato said:
I went to my local dealer yesterday. The website shows that the dealer has nine hatches and 28 sedans in stock. They had three 3i sedans in stock, all with only air and auto. They said they have a lot more coming in. My guess is the only reason they still have the remaining three they have is because they are bare bones. It was weird to be in a car with manual windows and doors.

I do not mind ordering one and waiting but I at least want to see the red/black interior in person and compare a 5 speed 3s to an auto 3s before ordering. I have actually been debating between the 3 and the 6 so if the 3 remains in short supply I may opt for the 6.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i talked to a dealer and the nearest car that i want (Red, auto, moonroof, and abs) is down in RI, about 2 hours away. While this is great and all, the dealer would not budge from the price of $19,900, which is just a smidge below MSRP. Fininding it kind of hard to bring the price down when the car is so far away. any ideas how i can get this to come to a reasonable price, like even 19k? the Invoice is at about 18,500

·
Registered
102 Posts
you dont want a 5speed..cause the site says there are some around here in the NE and mayba one of the other dealers will budge...i want a red one too and i check every so often to see what the supply is llike.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Dropped by my dealership today and they had 29 on the lot. But the mix was much different than a couple of months ago when they had 35. Most of the manual hatchbacks were gone, and the split between sedans and hatches was 22-7, used to be close to 50-50.

·
Registered
117 Posts
SinnopS said:
well i talked to a dealer and the nearest car that i want (Red, auto, moonroof, and abs) is down in RI, about 2 hours away. While this is great and all, the dealer would not budge from the price of $19,900, which is just a smidge below MSRP. Fininding it kind of hard to bring the price down when the car is so far away. any ideas how i can get this to come to a reasonable price, like even 19k? the Invoice is at about 18,500
hey .. I got mine for 19,300 with a lil more accessories than the one u want ... basically the same packages thou ... so u should try to bring the price down a lil more .... I drove 1 hour and half to just to get my car thou... also ask for a free cargo net if u can lol

·
Registered
127 Posts
Last week when I called the dealership here I was advised that there's a 1-2 month wait for GTs and Hatchbacks.

However, after ordering my car on Saturday, I was advised yesterday that the car may be in stock by the end of THIS week.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I when I talked to the guy he was unwilling to budge at all, said his 'hands were tied'. so i dont know whats going on. meh

·
Registered
427 Posts
Quote I got today on a hatchback with 5-spd, ABS/SAC, Moonroof/6CD, and leather seats was $17,766, before taxes. With auto that would have bumped it up to $18,500'something.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts