Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there's this little outlet plugin things for whatever reason right above the "coin slot" located on the left of the steering wheel.

anyone know what it's for?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Is that thing a "coin slot"? Cause I figure my coins would just fall right out of there. Its just wide open... when I floor it, I'll have coins all over the floor.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
I now use the ashtray for my coins. Even during hard cornering, I havent heard one peep out of them.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I can't stand having anything loose in my car. The whole thing is empty except for whatever I have to carry for that trip, and that's in the trunk, rolling around like it owns the place.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I use that slot on the left for my garage door opener. I took the clip off of it and got 3 small velcro dots and secured it nicely in that spot. Out of sight, out of mind.

I use my "non-smokers" ashtray to hold my spare Co-Op card and pocket knife. Ooo la la all that velvety ashtray goodness. ;\

·
Registered
122 Posts
I use my "non-smokers" ashtray to hold my spare Co-Op card and pocket knife. Ooo la la all that velvety ashtray goodness. ;\
Where did you get a velvety ashtray? Mine is just plastic (for actual smoking). Was my 2006 supposed to come with that or did you buy it somewhere? Just curious because I would like to get one. Thanks

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
[quote author=keeva381 link=topic=918.msg676487#msg676487 date=1145730465]
Where did you get a velvety ashtray? Mine is just plastic (for actual smoking). Was my 2006 supposed to come with that or did you buy it somewhere? Just curious because I would like to get one. Thanks
[/quote]

Its an accessory and sells for around $30 I think. Here is a great place to get accessories, and usually have the best prices (and is a forum sponsor - Showcase Mazda) ... http://www.mazdapontiacgmcparts.net/ . I think the 'ashtray replacement compartment' is the one you need, but I can't tell from the pic

·
Registered
7,234 Posts
That "coin slot" is the perfect place for my wallet when I get in my car.

·
Registered
14,911 Posts
WOW, is this a record with regards to a dead thread being resurrected?  Until today, the previous last post was made on 12/24/03.  This is proof positive that the Search function does work!    :D

·
Registered
122 Posts
Its an accessory and sells for around $30 I think. Here is a great place to get accessories, and usually have the best prices (and is a forum sponsor - Showcase Mazda) ... http://www.mazdapontiacgmcparts.net/ . I think the 'ashtray replacement compartment' is the one you need, but I can't tell from the pic
I've ordered from them before and saw the 'ashtray replacement compartment' - but does that have the velvet lining? I guess I could call them during business hours, but from the picture (which is hard to see) it just looks like a replacement of the original, which is plastic. Just curious if you or someone has actually ordered this.

WOW, is this a record with regards to a dead thread being resurrected?  Until today, the previous last post was made on 12/24/03.  This is proof positive that the Search function does work!     
After being screamed at.....I definitely search before posting (and yes, usually find what i'm looking for).

·
Registered
14,911 Posts
....  :goodjob:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts