Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone make a test-pipe for the regular mazda3? i want to delete my first cat but i want to be able to change it back easily because i have to go through emissions in 1 year, thank-you

·
Registered
332 Posts
Our car has 2 cats. one on the header and the other on the exhaust. you would be deleting the second cat with a race pipe.

·
Registered
217 Posts
IIRC mazda3mods had a test pipe for the Mazda 3.

·
Registered
860 Posts
As does Trubendz.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
mazda3mods is making one that deletes the second cat send him a pm

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes, i meant to say "second cat" and i did search for quite a while and all i came up with were parts for the speed 3, which i do not have, the one from mazda3 mods is completely reversable and fits the stock exhaust? thank-you

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
the only way to make it reversible is to weld a flange on behind the cat so you can bolt it on, or unbolt it and put the test pipe in. however the second cat wont affect emissions tests unless you are pzev...

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
he(mazda3mods) hasnt made them yet but is suppose to be fabing them up real soon

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thank you for the information, i will find out from mazda3mods when he will have pipes available, and my second question is if the second cat doesn't affect emissions, then why does it need two? i am fairly sure it's not pzev my car came from delaware

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
my guess is that 2 cats help keep the air cleaner than just having 1 cat

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
one in the header is a "pre-cat" second one is just a regular cat.

·
Registered
675 Posts
[quote author=egg_shen link=topic=134063.msg2883369#msg2883369 date=1232657195]
yes, i meant to say "second cat" and i did search for quite a while and all i came up with were parts for the speed 3, which i do not have, the one from mazda3 mods is completely reversable and fits the stock exhaust? thank-you
[/quote]

from what i understand, the one from mazda3mods will NOT fit a stock exhaust, only after-market/mazdaspeed cat backs. this is cuz, the diameter of the race pipe is the same as the stock.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
^he is making one

1 - 15 of 15 Posts