Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
decided to go by the local mazda dealership on saturday to check out and pick up information on the 3 before work.. never knew i would be test driving it.. but i had to.. man.. i was all over the sedan.. but i'm all about the hatchback now.. drove a fully loaded winning blue hatchback.. (25,000 cdn).. it was a sweet ride.. smooth feel.. totally forgot my camera so i didn't take no pics..

here's a pic i took tonight at the dealership.. it's the exact same demo i drove yesterday.. apparently in the same spot.. i was still the last person to drive it hehe.. sorry for the blurry quality of the picture.. just didn't want to look suspicious to security.. just took the pic and booked it outta there..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
good question zc1.. i do reside in "winter"peg after all..

unfortunately.. it was fairly nice outdoors when i took it out for a spin (unfortunately? haha.. maybe for a true test drive).. so no snow on the main streets.. only reason i took it out on the residential areas.. fairly good.. didn't sense any sliding or what not..

am i the only person in winnipeg who has an eye on the 3?.. everyone has no idea that the 3 even came out..

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thanks Ozmosis. We got snow a couple of days ago so I took one for a test in the snow and intentionally spent 90% of the time in the unplowed, unsanded residentials. My conclusion was the same as yours. I'm not worried about winter handling at all now. Maybe it's a winter driving experience thing. We get a lot in the prairies :D

·
Registered
290 Posts
Nice car man - and you'll be the second guy in town with a winning blue Gt because I am the first :D
Does yours also have the leather and is it a 5 speed manual? Nice choise and good luck with the purchase. BTW, something tells me there will be a lot more of these on the road in the next few months.
Lastly - you'll need snow tires, those goodyears are useless on snow or ice.

·
Registered
12 Posts
mazdafixer said:
your right there, greart car!! great city!! can't say the same about the dealer. should head over to Gordon's for the best service!!!!
Definetely come down to Gerry Gordon's for service. We'll treat your car like gold!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey there I too live on Winnipeg and i took a Mazda 3 out from Gordons and man did it handle well, it was pouring rain out and we took the test drive route off of Pembina HWY. Let me tell you, the dealer was holding on for dear life, but the car showed no signs of sliding, or loss of traction as i took it up some windy roads, but the rain sensing windsheild wipers were hard at work. :wink:
I was quite skeptical of the 3 until I did take it for a drive and it turns out this car is not all looks, that 4 banger really goes! So impressed with the little thing I bought it and one is on its way from Japan.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I too was skeptical at first, but for an entry level car, it deserves it's title as the best selling car of the year. Lots of power, great handling, lots of nice fateures. (auto wipers) So your car is on order? Supposed to be there soon?

·
Registered
12 Posts
actually it's gonna be here late July from what I'm being told so I'm not too happy about that, but at least it'll be new from Japan, and have all the options and colours i want.
Hows your SRT-4?
I was seriously considering one of those sub compact horsepower monsters

·
Registered
12 Posts
I LOVE my SRT-4 man!! I always have been into performance cars, and now that I'm making good money I went and got one, and it's wicked. I thought about the MSP, but the SRT-4 wasn't much more in price, and since I always have been a Dodge guy, and the SRT-4 is alot faster, I picked it up instead.

Trust me, if I wasn't into steroided grocery-getters, I would have definetely picked up a new Mazda. Very very reliable, good on gas, insurance, etc. But you are for sure making a good choice with the 3, you will not be disappointed!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts