Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a deposit on my new Black Mica(awsome color) S w/sunroof/6-cd/and ABS/Safety, possibly sport. Now the dealership has to find it. I will post pics when I get them, I'm supposed to pick it up the day after Christmas. Merry Christmas to me!

Craig

EDIT: Topic heading for uniformity :twisted:

NOTE: Craig, PM me (dinu01) if it's a HB or Sedan please. Thanks!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Re: Deposit on my Black Mica S

TellyDSP said:
I just put a deposit on my new Black Mica(awsome color) S w/sunroof/6-cd/and ABS/Safety, possibly sport. Now the dealership has to find it. I will post pics when I get them, I'm supposed to pick it up the day after Christmas. Merry Christmas to me!

Craig
First of all, congrats.

Now I have a question for you: Did you try to get the dealer to do a special order, or did they say the best they could do was to keep checking the computer to see if one you like would turn up?

Thanks.

·
Registered
984 Posts
What a nice Christmas present! I'd ask them to wrap it in a red bow and ribbon. lol

That's awesome though, did you get an auto or manual? How much did you end up paying?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was going to wait for an order, but onfortunately I need it ASAP(currently driving my moms car because my Wrangler's tranny grenaded). A dealer has one by me coming off the boat but not til mid-january. So he's going to find someone around that has it already. I got the auto, my Jeep has killed my love for manuals. It's got the little manual shifting thing so it's kinda like being at home. The sticker was 19515, I think we settled at 18500.

I can't wait to get it!

·
Registered
272 Posts
TellyDSP said:
I was going to wait for an order, but onfortunately I need it ASAP(currently driving my moms car because my Wrangler's tranny grenaded). A dealer has one by me coming off the boat but not til mid-january. So he's going to find someone around that has it already. I got the auto, my Jeep has killed my love for manuals. It's got the little manual shifting thing so it's kinda like being at home. The sticker was 19515, I think we settled at 18500.

I can't wait to get it!
Again, congrats. So you're saying that they told you it would indeed be possible to do a special order from the factory?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe I'm confused, I guess not special order, as to the fact in NA there are only certain options package, but moreso to wait for one with my name on it. Instead of searching lots for others. Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
272 Posts
TellyDSP said:
Maybe I'm confused, I guess not special order, as to the fact in NA there are only certain options package, but moreso to wait for one with my name on it. Instead of searching lots for others. Sorry for the confusion.
No, you're not confused. I wasn't clear in my message. I know that you are waiting for one to show up, I guess what I was trying to ask is if the dealer ever asked you or indicated to you that they could order one from the factory.

I guess maybe "special" order isn't the right term. I'm just wondering if they can order a car from the factory as long as the options combination is allowed. I know BMW does this, but companies like Toyota determine what color/options combos will be produced even before production starts, so there is no way to get exactly the car you want because the factory can't accept orders. I'm curious as to which way Mazda does things.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I gotcha, I'm not sure though. It'd probably be a while, since dealers are waiting until late January to get their first shipment. Also, my dealer told me they didn't even know about them till they were told they were on the boat(kinda wierd).
If I remember, I'll ask my dealer on Friday and let you know.

Craig

·
Registered
272 Posts
TellyDSP said:
I gotcha, I'm not sure though. It'd probably be a while, since dealers are waiting until late January to get their first shipment. Also, my dealer told me they didn't even know about them till they were told they were on the boat(kinda wierd).
If I remember, I'll ask my dealer on Friday and let you know.

Craig
Thanks so much.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts