Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
both eibach and tein have excellent quality. the choice is yours. i can tell you first hand that my tein h-tech springs have been great. i'm pretty sure nobody using the pro-kit has any complaints either.

·
Registered
596 Posts
well my thoughts of the eibach is that it gets soft in a short period of driving. i had to get myself another suspension setup because of this. i have a heavy sub box in the trunk, and after 38000 kms. the springs were just weak and you could just push the car down to the ground with two fingers.. i got tein super street coilovers now. i recomend those hehehe.

but id say go with the tein springs.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I used Eibach Pro Kit before getting my Tein Basics. They were great and if it wasn't for the height adjustability of the Basics, I would have stuck with the Pro Kit.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
[quote author=ionorick link=topic=72267.msg1282052#msg1282052 date=1174508793]
I have the tein s-techs their great ride is alot firmer I feel everything on the road...looks great though
[/quote]
I also have the tein s-techs. Ride height was my main concern but since I've had them I've only scraped twice. Unless you live in a snowy area I'd go all out for the S-Techs. JDM FTW. I'm gonna go for the Super Street + EDFC setup when my shocks wear out.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
+1 Tein h-techs. I've used eibachs before with no problems either. My only complaint about the eibachs are it dosent drop as evenly as Tein IMO.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
[quote author=edrection link=topic=72267.msg1282101#msg1282101 date=1174509993]
+1 Tein h-techs. I've used eibachs before with no problems either. My only complaint about the eibachs are it dosent drop as evenly as Tein IMO.
[/quote]

wait a sec, can you elaborate on this?

becuase i thought the prokits were a 1.2 drop all around and the tein always had the front lower than the back....

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
[quote author=WOJO link=topic=72267.msg1288524#msg1288524 date=1174765005]
[quote author=edrection link=topic=72267.msg1282101#msg1282101 date=1174509993]
[/quote]

wait a sec, can you elaborate on this?

becuase i thought the prokits were a 1.2 drop all around and the tein always had the front lower than the back....

[/quote]

right, I meant the teins give a better appearance IMO because it drops the front more. The eibachs make it liik like you have 500 lbs of bricks in the rear because the rear normally has less gap than the front.

·
Registered
138 Posts
^ I agree. The h-techs do look a lot better than the prokit because of this uneven drop. They ride really nice too.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
s-techs look too extreme imo, I still need to drive it daily. I dont want to be bottoming out everywhere. Plus I dont know if the stock shocks have enough travel for s-techs.

·
Registered
248 Posts
That's what I'm trying to figure out, what springs I should get. I've heard Eibach are great, don't really know too much about Tein though but it seems like alot of members have them. Anyone with side profile pics with Tein or Eibach? Also, what is all the difference between h-tech; s-tech; etc. and pro-kit; sport-kit; etc.? Also, are any of you running aftermarket struts or stock?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
well would you say that the drop of the s-techs on a SEDAN is also too extreme becuase it's actually like 1.5" front and 1.1" back which isnt that much of a difference between eibach height, but You still get that nose dive look. but ofcourse im just taking about the sedan :).

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have the pro-kit and i love it, the ride is much more firm than stock. But at the same time the ride stays smooth no one who rides in my even knows i have it dropped becuase it rides so smooth and it only drops it enough to get rid of that ugly ass wheel gap, it doesn't give it that really aggressive look. If you want the more aggressive look then go for the Tein springs, but i can say i love the pro kit.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Love the pro kit. I had the springs dampers and sway bars on my last car. It was a no brainer for me this time again. I put on the pro kit on my 3. That should tell you something! ;)

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I think Eibach and Tein are both so good that you can't go wrong with whatever you choose. If you want a lower front and a higher back, go Tein, if you want a more even stance, go Eibach.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts