Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to buy lowering springs but cant decide between Tein S-techs or Eibach Sportlines, which one is better or what are the advantages to both

For 4dr

Tein s-tech
Front: 1.6
Rear: 1.1

Eibach Sportlines
Front:1.8
Rear1.8

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Sportlines will be more rough.

Both are going to wear your shocks down eventually so I'd also consider pro-kits if you don't want to get new shocks after 10k or so miles.

S-techs have a lower drop in the front of the car than the back for a "nose" diving look. S-techs are progressive springs.

For top performance and if you have $ for future shocks, I'd get sport lines.

If you're on a budget, then I'd get S-techs which should make your OEM shocks last longer.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I had the S-Techs on my hatch for a few months...Tein claims 2F and 1.5R for the hatch, which isn't even close to low enough for me, so I ditched them for some K-Sport coilovers.

The ride with the S-techs (and stock shocks) is very soft, almost like stock. So, if you want a stiffer, better handling ride, I wouldn't get the S-techs.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i want to have funner times! allow me to thread jack momentarily:

im interested in either progress (1.3F, 1.3R) or skunk2 (1.5F, 1.3R) lowering springs. getting springs first, shocks later. and i care more about handle improvement over appearance. im leaning towards skunk2. any opinions?

sportlines seem too low for me, and i dont like the drop difference with the Teins. and no pro-kit because i want progressive springs.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for the opinions so far. Funny thing happened today, i went to a performance shop near my house and the guy there said the drop on the S-techs where 2 in the front and 1.5 in the rear for the sedan. I told him thats for the hatch drop because thats what it said on their website. then i ask him about the Eibach sportlines and he says the drop is 1.8 in the front and 1.6 in the back and i thought it was 1.8 all around. So either this guy got the wrong catalogs or the websites are wrong so can any help me with this problem.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I was looking at Sportlines but decided to go with the S-techs. After reading many comments on the forums, I found that the S-techs handle better. I just installed mine on Friday and am extremely happy. Here is a picture....

·
Registered
158 Posts
S-techs are bomb u wont regret installing them. I just got mine on yesterday at 2:30am and I was testing them out on the open road. It seems like you get a lot more response when turning, better grip on the road (a LOT less slipping) and I even took some fast turns accelerating and hardly any squeaking from tires. It looks REALLY nice too might I add

1 - 15 of 15 Posts