Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Think we can start a new topic under the General Discussion forum for Service Bulletins and Recalls? That way we can have a thread for each new bulletin that comes out, and we can discuss about it (anything off topic would be moved).

It's a first year car, and judging by what we are seeing here, there are bound to be a few that might affect all of us.

Here is one that I found, but it's not really anything special - just one of those bulletins about how the customer likes to complain about everything:



Llink to image: http://www.getcreative.net/mazda3/sb_09-0241.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually it was for mounting the plate I think.

and there was another page to that one, I just forgot to save it first. It should show both the front and back lights.

I'm still waiting on:
- Battery
- Fuel Pump
- Rear Brakes

Any maybe that we are supposed to have auto a/c, and someone at the factory messed up.. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,003 Posts
What do you think are better odds?

Wait for Breaks, Battery, Fuel Pump become TSBs (if ever)?
Go in and ask for warranty work on Breaks, Battery and Fuel Pump?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some of us got batteries that were drained. As such, they fail to carry a deep load (all the more reason to replace the battery with one that handles deep cranking).

Offically, they will just tell you it failed the load test, and they replaced it.

rpc - I've already got the fuel pump on the way, battery replaced, and brakes will go before the original warranty does. I'm not worried.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
Whats the issue with the fuel pump?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,003 Posts
DJ and I both are having long crank times on cold startups. My service dept said that the problem had to do with the fuel pump regulator. Dj's dept did a full circle exam on his vehicle and found that the fuel pump's pressure levels weren't right. Both of us have them on order.

The reason I'm asking about TSB is mainly cause of the brake issue. Right now there are conflicting reports coming in about how service centers are dealing with them (or not dealing with them). If a TSB comes out about them then it'll direct service centers to follow along with the fix no matter how they feel about it. The danger is that the TSB may not come out, or if it does, it could say that the behavior is normal and doesn't need to be fixed...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
Please, please, please mods, I beg you, post a sticky or something in regard to posts about problems people are experiencing...Please ask members to report their build date along with their problem so we can have a better idea as to whether or not these problems affect a broad range of build dates, or just early ones (from last fall). Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My build date (on the door sticker) is October 2003 in Japan.

And I'm hoping a TSB comes of the brakes, dunno if it will.

I plan to inquire when I return for the fuel pump in Feb. Perhaps it will be more widespread by then.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
882 Posts
I think creating a sticky for anything but a TSB or Recall is folley as it could create a negative conception.

As it is I've noticed this board becoming more and more negative in the line of questioning. It happens on all boards but rather than talk about the car and how fun it is to own most are pissing and moaning over why a $20,000 car doesn't have a heated steering wheel or something stupid like that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,849 Posts
Reported problems are found in this section and can be identified as the thread's title starts with "Problem: Subject Here"

Service Bulletins and Recalls will be "sticky".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
cowtown said:
I think creating a sticky for anything but a TSB or Recall is folley as it could create a negative conception.

As it is I've noticed this board becoming more and more negative in the line of questioning. It happens on all boards but rather than talk about the car and how fun it is to own most are pissing and moaning over why a $20,000 car doesn't have a heated steering wheel or something stupid like that.
I totally agree.

dinu01 said:
Reported problems are found in this section and can be identified as the thread's title starts with "Problem: Subject Here"

Service Bulletins and Recalls will be "sticky".
I'm not saying that problems should get their own sticky, but there should be some sort of stipulation that if someone posts a problem, they should also post their build date.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,849 Posts
No prob! We'll go thread by thread and ask the poster(s) to specify their build date. Feel free to ask if there's anything in particular that interests you.

I will ask this once I see new posts in the Problems threads. Now back to TSBs please.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
rpc180 said:
...

The reason I'm asking about TSB is mainly cause of the brake issue. Right now there are conflicting reports coming in about how service centers are dealing with them (or not dealing with them). If a TSB comes out about them then it'll direct service centers to follow along with the fix no matter how they feel about it. The danger is that the TSB may not come out, or if it does, it could say that the behavior is normal and doesn't need to be fixed...
A little slow in the morning without coffee but... what brake issue? If I missed it from another post could you please kindly post a link?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,003 Posts
My build date is 10/2003
 
1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Top