Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, total newbie to car mods here... 😅

My driver’s side taillight got smashed (just the outer plastic, but the light still works...) so I figured I’d use this as an opportunity to do something fun with my car since I’ll be dropping money on a new taillight anyways (unless I could just replace the plastic shell?)

I originally thought I’d get a set from Laminx to smoke them but if I’m gonna buy a new taillight I’m thinking of just getting aftermarket ones. Only problem is I can’t seem to find the style I liked for my year

Any parts recommendations (or other ideas) for someone who doesn’t know the first thing about cars?

Pic of the damage, in case anyone thinks it’s repairable (at least till I decide what to do with it long term)

Here’s the look I liked but can only find for the ‘04-‘09 M3. I was hoping to get minimal red because I want everything on the car to be black/gray/blue eventually

Alternatively...
60464399-EE5A-44CC-B42B-035997C98B38.jpeg

Hope that didn’t sound too ignorant, thanks in advance!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I’ve replaced MANY of these. I get the part from BAM Wholesale Parts. Much cheaper than dealerships (although local dealers will sometimes match prices). Get the OEM part (called a combo assy). It’s super easy to replace and the folks at BAM will confirm what you need if you send your VIN. There’s YouTube videos on the removal and install.

Mazda’s are great cars and this happens to be an easy fix. Just did a sedan (2012) and it took 10 minutes.

Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts