Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hooked up my trailer to the back of my 3S and while I was going down the road at night, the gauge lights went to "day mode" and the radio and climate lights went out. I also found out all my tail and front parking lights are also out. Both taillight fuses are OK. Map and trunk lights still work. It's like the car cannot sense that the headlights are on. Is there a relay or fuse that controls this?

please help!

·
Registered
801 Posts
There is TNS relay ( R28) BUILT INTO PJB. This relay is the one controling day/night mode of interior illumination switching and also tail( position)/front parking light.

If that's the case ( TNS relay is out) could be expensive fix... as I mentioned in first line, relay nuber #R28 (#R22 to #R34) are built into PJB and I am afraid you might have to replace relay/fuse block itself.
Talk to your dealer to see if problem is caused by TNS relay or not first, and then ask if it's possible to just replace TNS relay.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for the suggestion. If replaceable, which one is it (location wise)? If PJB needs to be replaced, do you know what years and models might be interchangeable with my 04 S Sedan with ABS? Again, thanks so much!

·
Registered
801 Posts
OOps, sorry I just edittd my last replay , I should make new replay.

Best try is go to dealer make sure what is excactly causing problem.

Is your vechicle still under warranty?

·
Registered
801 Posts
[quote author=solort link=topic=138975.msg2995338#msg2995338 date=1237129378]
Thanks so much for the suggestion. If replaceable, which one is it (location wise)? If PJB needs to be replaced, do you know what years and models might be interchangeable with my 04 S Sedan with ABS? Again, thanks so much!
[/quote]

There are too many ver. of PJB parts number and I cannot tell which ver. you need, I am sorry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts