Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi this was taken from another board. The individual I am quoting is involved with the great bruno Mazda 3 site. Apparently, all Cdn sedan trim levels will have red rear lights, not that black/clear tailights. :cry:

Quote:

"Here's my tail-light info so far:

Mazda3 sedan:

US-spec i trim: red tail-lights
US-spec s trim: black tail-lights

Canadian-spec all trims (not confirmed): red tail-lights

Mazda3 Sport (hatch):

There is a rear-side reflector at the bottom of the sides of the rear bumper for all N. American-spec to be DOT legal."

If this is true, that sucks. Whats up Mazda Canada??!?!?!?!?

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
This gives them something to upgrade for the 2005 MY... The PRO has gotten better and better every year since its intro in 99 (current gen).

·
Registered
509 Posts
Yes, Mazda doesn't want to give all the goodies the first year. Also, if the american dollar gain substantial value by next year, we might get some goodies for the next year model. But, since every bit of the car is made in Japan, and the Yen is worth more, the product cost more, so the US pays more... or get less for their money!

·
Registered
155 Posts
but the CANADIAN dollar has been rising. relative to the American dollar am I right?...so WHY don't we get black rear lights? I don't wanna spend 3bills for aftermarket lights that we SHOULD have gotten in the first place...especially if I'm dishing out 23k for a fully loaded GT. If we get red rear lights then getting a Red car is more attractive now. Aye I agree with Dinu01. The protege is looking really good now with the blackhousing on the lights etc.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Yes the canadian dollar has gain value against the american dollar but not against all other currencies (e.g. euro = .65c)

·
Registered
23 Posts
neomonkey said:
Mazda3 sedan:

US-spec i trim: red tail-lights

Mazda3 Sport (hatch):

So which lights are these??

Honest question as I don't know the diff, I'm assuming these are the black lights??

·
Registered
155 Posts
I thought we said pics of that one were Canadian spec? Then again someone said they would be available in accessories or options or something?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Yes these are black lights but if the Canadian Marketing Representitive said that Canada will NOT get the Black tail lights as a "Standard Package" into the Canadian model (GT), then we should consider this car to be a Demonstration/Marketing version of the Mazda3 GT.

-Frank

·
Registered
13 Posts
Frank said:
Yes these are black lights but if the Canadian Marketing Representitive said that Canada will NOT get the Black tail lights as a "Standard Package" into the Canadian model (GT), then we should consider this car to be a Demonstration/Marketing version of the Mazda3 GT.

-Frank
Hey Frank,

Can you tell me where you got that information (the Canadian Marketing Representitive)?

My information says otherwise...

Thanks,

MarLo

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
MarLo: Could you put your location in your profile and tell us what info you have? Could you also share more info with us? Do you work for a dealer???

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sorry dinu01, I thought I had already filled it out. Now it's fine.

Like I said on another forum (where you already answered in the thread :wink: ), I know someone at their head office and since this question showed up on a couple of threads (and I'm getting a Sport GT, so I want the black) I ask him.

In Canada, we get the red tail-light on:

Sedan GX, GS, GT

and the black tail-light on:

Sedan GT w/ GFX package
Hatch GS and GT

Basically, it looks like the black tail-light are tied with the GFX package. The Sport has Standard GFX, so the black tail-light are everywhere.

Hope this makes you happy. It sure makes me glad to have chosen a Sport!
:D

MarLo

P.S.: And this information is sure at 100%.

·
Registered
263 Posts
MarLo if is official on your side? The Canadian Marketing Representitive that we called to make affairs said the we would not get the black tail lights, I may have misunderstood if he wanted to say "The GT will have red tail lights" because I were asking him for "any" 3 models, inluding the GFX.

If your information is official for Canada (including Quebec) then say so, because I will update information on my website.

Thank you, Frank.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts