Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just looking at the hatch tail lights the other day. The passenger side hatch tail light has about a inch to 1.5" inside the enclosure. I tried the search on here but it's leaves alot to be desired when trying to find something.

Is this a common problem? Haven't really looked at it but I figured it is a easy fix, just pop the enclosure and find where it's coming from. Thanks

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Ionnzo. Pretty common problem as far as I'm aware in Gen 1 & 2. It wasn't that much water, but I had condensation on the inside instead that would come and go. During a hot & dry summer weekend I popped the taillight housing out, drilled two small holes on either side (not through the lens just the black plastic), popped housing back in and drove it like that for the week (No rain + garaged). After a night out where I noticed there was no more condensation I popped the housing back out and sealed the holes with silicone + used clear silicone in the gap between housing/trunk exterior panel. Never had problems since.

That was the 2nd time I did it. The first I did it I drilled the holes and tried to dry it same day with blow drier/compressed air but it returned soon enough, maybe I hadn't sealed it right idk...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts