Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty new to modding but i just bought a 2010 mazda 3 s sedan and wanted to do something with the tail lights like tint them but im not really sure what looks good and where to find the supply's any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm pretty new to modding but i just bought a 2010 mazda 3 s sedan and wanted to do something with the tail lights like tint them but im not really sure what looks good and where to find the supply's any help would be appreciated.
probably not the best idea. why dont you get some LED tail lights? they look better and dont cause accidents.

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
Tint them red. Problem solved lol

It's odd that so many people aren't fans of redding out tallights, not only is it completely legal, entirely more safe, but it just.. darn looks better than dimming the taillights.

I used vinyl, but i know on the gen2 it's an extremely difficult shape to do with vinyl, at which point for gen2 no matter what you do.. spray tint is really your only option.

·
Premium Member
6,350 Posts
I used vinyl, but i know on the gen2 it's an extremely difficult shape to do with vinyl, at which point for gen2 no matter what you do.. spray tint is really your only option.
^this

I swear I saw someone on mazda3quebec the other day who had opened their gen2s tail lights to do some cool mods. Maybe I dreamed it though. I'll see if I can find it later, if I remember.

·
Registered
31,080 Posts
i like my clean subtle mod. no color at all.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Tint them red. Problem solved lol

It's odd that so many people aren't fans of redding out tallights, not only is it completely legal, entirely more safe, but it just.. darn looks better than dimming the taillights.
I don't like redded out taillights because then there is no difference in color between the taillights and the turn signals and reverse lights, etc. It only works on some cars. The 1st gen base model sedans that had the red taillights looked terrible. It wasn't even red, it was more like dark pink.

i like my clean subtle mod. no color at all.
Awesome plate. The OEM LED taillights are the best looking tails to have, they are just hard to find and at a good price haha

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
04-06 hatches had red brakes and amber turns and the clear reverse.
04-06 i model sedans had all red tails (which did indeed look gross, because they looked cheap)
Where the 04-06 sedans had the same red and amber tails.

But I don't care; IMO, all red taillights look pretty.

Car for car, they look far greater than any other option by comparison.

·
Registered
31,080 Posts
04-06 hatches had red brakes and amber turns and the clear reverse.
04-06 i model sedans had all red tails (which did indeed look gross, because they looked cheap)
Where the 04-06 sedans had the same red and amber tails.
i installed silvertips for the turn signals so there is no color at all unless i press the brakes or signal to turn.

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
Ah right, they introduced the clear ones in 06 if you got the upper models... I guess?

Otherwise we all only had this; which is why mine are red.

·
Registered
31,080 Posts
Ah right, they introduced the clear ones in 06 if you got the upper models... I guess?

Otherwise we all only had this; which is why mine are red.
correct. the 2006 GT hatch has clear/LED tails.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
My '04 was the GFX GT so it had the red tail light and orange turn and clear reverse. I didn't think the LED tails came out until the sub gen '07 GT trims.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts