Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed that my left taillight is out. The blinker works but not the tail or the brake light.

Ordinarily, I'd just take it in to the dealer for something like this since it's under warranty, but they might give me crap because I installed the stealth sub back there which could be related to the problem.

I know it worked when I got the car. Does anyone know where there wires to the taillight run? Any ideas of what I can check? Could I have knocked a wire loose when putting in the sub or wiring for the amp?

I really don't want to have to tear apart the interior to trace the wires and troubleshoot it. If anyone has any ideas or things to check that might save me time and work, I'd appreciate it!

BTW, if it's relevant, it's an 08.5 MS3 GT (LED tails).

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't check the "bulb." I've got the LED tails, so it's unlikely that one is burned out, much less all of them.

When I get some time, I will check the voltage at the harness.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I finally got a chance to pull out my sub. The tails are getting the proper voltage at the harness for both brake and taillight, so it is something within the housing. the harness is seated properly. I can't figure out what it would be. My wife followed me home from the dealer when I got it , so she would have noticed if it was bad when I got it.

I guess the fact that it's not a wiring problem may mean that I'll be able to get it fixed under warranty since nothing that I did with the sub install should have affected the bulbs.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
yeah i would take it in. I would just be sure to tell them exactly what you just said from the outset, the problem is likely a circuit board inside the housing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts