Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one have problems when they shift quickly shift from 2nd to 3rd gear? Do our cars have good synchronizers? Also how would you fix them? Thanks again guys :)

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Really? 1st to 2nd is the only time I have trouble with. It feels too chunky and the MASSIVE rpm drop kills it. 2nd to 3rd feels really quick to me? How many miles does your car have? Maybe you should consider changing your transmission fluid to a "synchromesh" type fluid?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
18,000 Miles and I have no problems with 1st and 2nd that much. In 3rd is when it is sometimes to hard to put it in gear.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Sorry to say but Mazda cheaped out hard on the 5 spd manual trans in these cars. Only double cone synchros on 1st and 2nd gear and single cone for 3, 4, and 5. Mazdas sportier models such as the RX-8 and MX-5 both have triple cone 1-4 and double cone 5-6.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
actually i remember having hard times with gear changes 2-3 when my motor mount broke.... (passenger side)...
i couldnt get into 3rd most of the time....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.