Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again everyone,
I'm looking @ some wheels on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Part...592201&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72:543) and need some help! First off I know close to nothing about wheels. Will these fit a 2008 MZ3 GT 5-door (description was up to 2007-did mazda change wheel sizing on 2008)? Is this a known brand (Syms)? Can I use the rubber off my stock wheels with this wheel (only 8000 miles on)? I don't really have enough money @ this time to get a higher quality wheel but I can't stand the factory "y" wheels (would like to in time purchase another set of wheels and keep these for winter). Any other suggestions would be great.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
The specs are in line with what we need except for the offset. +35 is too low. Ideal offset is +45 - +50.

Mazda didn't change the specs on their wheels, what you will find is many online retailers (especially those on eBay) fail to update their info as time goes by.

As for the brand, I'm not familiar with these. Judging by the price, I would assume they're probably heavy with questionable quality.

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Call me crazy, but those wheels looked photoshopped lol...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How about 2004 mazda 3 17" 5-spoke wheels - will they fit 2008 mazda 3? And I went to wheeldude site and found some wheels I'm interested in.
They are the 17x7.5 Rota Grid - Royal Black(5x114.3/e45/73) wheel, what else would I need if I purchase these & what lugs do I use? Will the TPMS
be fine for these wheels? And can I use the rubber on my stock wheels on these for the time being? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
All wheels fit across all years.

Most places will send lugs with the rims or there are tons of places. You can read up on user reviews as there are many on this forum.

TPMS is compatible with Rotas (and most newer wheels). Any tire shop can swap the sensors in your new wheels for you. Stock tires would be getting a decent stretch on a 7.5 wide rim. I'd preferably go with 225/45/17.

No problem, we're all here to help.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Syms wheels & Other Brands

Ok, I found two more wheels (I'm going to decide between these two), the Tenzo R DC-6 ver.2
or TSW Volcano (black). Both of these should work no problem with the 2008 3. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts