Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres one pic of the Mazda3 sedan they had at the Sydney Motor Show. I'll have heaps more pics in the coming days. The main difference for Australian spec cars is the SP23 badge on the door, which looks great.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
keep the pics coming!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
SP23 Sedan or Hatch, a bloody tough decision !!!

Estimated time of 8.5 seconds from 0 to 100 kilometres per hour, not bad for a small car !!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The SP23 has 17" wheels, haven't really seen one yet with 16"s to compare to.

Rodney, I agree its hard to pick between the sedan and hatch. I've always been a fan of hatches over sedans, especially when it comes to the last 10 years worth of 323 models, but I think the sedan 3 looks better than the hatch. Especially when you see them both in the metal.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
They're 17"

Well, I guess I'm still just assuming... but the HB comes standard with 17" here, and in these two pictures, they have the same size wheel.

17" on a HB
17" on 4door s

The image of the 4 door is slightly smaller than the HB. I resized them in PS and they were identical.

Now... on the note of 16" compared to 17"...

compare these two pictures:

16" or 15"
17"

Despite the size, you can tell the styles are different.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Yes you can the styling. I'm more concerned with avoiding the Corolla issue - small wheels on a tall car with too much space b/w the thread and the fender. Makes the car look wimpy if you will.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I agree with dinu. The Corolla looks weird, like it's too tall for the wheels. Too close to the hideous Echo.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No there wasn't any for the public to sit in, which was a bit strange since it is being released in a few months. And the Sydney show is the only Australian motor show before its release.

The only two Mazda3's they had were the blue hatchback and the grey sedan. The hatchback had black & blue cloth interior, and the sedan had black and red cloth interior. I'm not sure if we'll get the option for leather in Australia.

But from what I could see the trim etc looked very good, a definite leap in class from the current 323 Astina/Protege. I especially liked the cloth trim on the doors, which you can sort of see in the pics. I love the SP23 badges as well, but this may only be an Australian item. I have higher res versions of these pics if you want me to post them somewhere.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
This is going to be an immature post but I can't help it. The back of that titgreysedan with the blacked out tailights makes me pretty damn horny.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts