Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to see if you guys have a opinion on Swiss Audio. I got a hook up on them and picked up a 400watt amp and a big 10"woofer. I'll post some pics and specs of them later. But have you heard of them, have you heard or seen them in action? I have only found good reveiws of them. I got them at cost so if they do suck oh well.

---Herb---

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Ive heard very little about Swiss Audio. Although some guys have ran their products and have proven to be good for low end systems.

Dont expect top notch quality or such.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pics and specs

Well here are some pics, I opened up the amp and I was kinda impressed. I remember opening up others in the past to find hardly anything in them. Well here are the specs and then the pics.
Amp: Swiss Audio SMR4002 2channell Class A/B Mosfet
200watts x 2 @ 4ohms stereo
280watts x 2 @ 2ohms stereo
400watts x 1 @ 4ohms mono
THD : 0.02%
S/N Ratio :> 100db

Sub: Swiss Audio SWL1080 10" Extended Excursion Woofer
FATT 50mm Foam Surround
Power Handling: 500watts
Frequency Response: 22Hz - 500Hz
Efficiency: 91db
Voice Coil: 50mm 4 layer AVS
Dual 4ohm - 2ohm or 8ohm capable

What do you guys think.

---Herb---

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Operator said:
You still have the same audio system?
I still have it all though it is not installed. I think I only had that system in for about 3 days before taking it out. I still have the sub and amp laying around.

All stock for now. I'm not into the stereo stuff like I use to be.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[quote author=Operator link=topic=2495.msg718380#msg718380 date=1147482339]
Az did you ever do the install?
[/quote]

Yeah it only lasted a week or 2 as the Amp keep going out. I replaced it twice and after the third time I just removed it and stored it. The third amp works good as I have used it to play around in the garage.

Nice looking stuff but I'd never get any of the Swiss Audio stuff again.

Herb

·
Registered
126 Posts
I had my Swiss Audio 4 channel and 2 channel amp for 3 years and sold them to a friend, he never had an issue either. They are made by Audiobahn but they are actually on the higher end of their lineup

1 - 8 of 8 Posts