Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have searched and notice that a larger rear bar is popular.Is this because of the difficulty in fitting a front bar. I have bought,but not fitted,a 22mm rear bar.What front bar,if any,should I fit, 22mm or 24mm.The car is a BL10 SP25 and for road use only.
Cheers
Steven

· Registered
449 Posts
Yes the front bar is significantly more difficult to install compared to the rear bar. That being said the rear bar is such a no brainer to install anything else would seem hard. The front bar on my 2006 wasn't that big of a deal. I completed the install in about 4 hours. some of the autocross types would recommend not installing any front bar larger than stock or the speed 3 version. On tight corners you'll likely experience more wheel spin on the inside tire with an upgrading front bar. I don't race my Mazda 3 and I love how the car feels with my Racing Beat front and rear bars. I ran only the rear bar for about 4 mouths before installing the front bar. I found that with only the upgraded rear bar the car would rotate very nicely and would scare the crap out of unsuspecting passengers when I drove the car real hard into a corner. it almost felt like the back end might come around but was easily managed with a little less throttle. To me the car feels more balanced with the front bar installed. I say go for it. It seems to me you would want to go with the 22mm front bar.

Reactions: FrostRPMs

· Registered
4 Posts
Yes the front bar is significantly more difficult to install compared to the rear bar. That being said the rear bar is such a no brainer to install anything else would seem hard. The front bar on my 2006 wasn't that big of a deal. I completed the install in about 4 hours. some of the autocross types would recommend not installing any front bar larger than stock or the speed 3 version. On tight corners you'll likely experience more wheel spin on the inside tire with an upgrading front bar. I don't race my Mazda 3 and I love how the car feels with my Racing Beat front and rear bars. I ran only the rear bar for about 4 mouths before installing the front bar. I found that with only the upgraded rear bar the car would rotate very nicely and would scare the crap out of unsuspecting passengers when I drove the car real hard into a corner. it almost felt like the back end might come around but was easily managed with a little less throttle. To me the car feels more balanced with the front bar installed. I say go for it. It seems to me you would want to go with the 22mm front bar.
Thank you oh wise one! 10 years later.

· Registered
388 Posts
I've been slacking on doing anything to my 3, and I'm trying to find out exactly what I need and what to expect.
ok understand now! The first thing you should really be thinking about is what kind of driving you will predominately be doing. This is the first question that anyone asking experienced individuals need to know first before recommending anything. There is NO set rules, and every car is unique unless completely NEW and stock with low miles and every driver has different idea's what they want. I read one response that clearly was not the suspension parts upgrade chosen but a combination driver experience, possibly incorrect settings of the sway bars front and rear or unbalanced suspension between front and rear of all the suspension parts upgrades and even possibly the wrong tires. The response was sort of blaming the higher percentage front anti sway bar for some short comings or undesirable end results at speed.
Maybe you should start your own build thread sounds like you may be starting a fun project?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts