Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EVERYONE said this will work and aminzer has done this, and EVERYONE said that if you have the axles, tranny, flywheel pressure plate clutch, shift linkages and shifter that you can convert from the 5 speed to 6 speed.. I have my car completly tore apart and the axles will not fit in the hubs. WHY DID EVERYONE SAY THIS WILL FIT? WTF

·
Registered
1,438 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man, ive PMd adam and responded to both the for sale links!

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
dude i didnt change hubs, but i have been sayin to everyone that in order to do the swap you need to have mazdaspeed 3 axles. u can notice that if u got a pair the splines going into the tranny are a lot bigger but the hub side is the same. idk do u have an 04-05 model? if so maybe they have different hubs. i mean i wouldnt know i own an 06 and it worked for me

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[quote author=aminzer link=topic=153562.msg3282689#msg3282689 date=1250495388]
dude i didnt change hubs, but i have been sayin to everyone that in order to do the swap you need to have mazdaspeed 3 axles. u can notice that if u got a pair the splines going into the tranny are a lot bigger but the hub side is the same. idk do u have an 04-05 model? if so maybe they have different hubs. i mean i wouldnt know i own an 06 and it worked for me
[/quote]
I have an 04 model and the hubs are smaller than the mazdaspeed axles. Know of any 06 model hubs i can get at a good price? The guys with the mazdaspeed hubs for sale arent getting back to me.

·
Registered
215 Posts
the good news is, youknow the 06-09 3's have the right hubs, and they will be easier to find then the speed 3 hubs...

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
i've stated in almost all the other speed3 tranny swap threads already about the whole hub issue. All the 07-09 hubs are bigger. And they are all the same as the speed3, so you dont need specifically MS3 hubs, just any 07-09 (maybe 06). But for sure, 04-05 hubs are smaller, as I swapped hubs myself. If you dont have ABS, just dont worry when you see the abs plug in the hub.

·
Registered
215 Posts
so im not sure if i scored or got shafted.
but just found 08 ms3 trans, cv xhafts, hubs, 1650.00
the shitties part is the 2 hour drive.
theyd deliver, but i dont have a shop to deliver it to.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
[quote author=5L1mm link=topic=153562.msg4070311#msg4070311 date=1310593102]
so im not sure if i scored or got shafted.
but just found 08 ms3 trans, cv xhafts, hubs, 1650.00
the shitties part is the 2 hour drive.
theyd deliver, but i dont have a shop to deliver it to.
[/quote]

is that a installed price from a shop or just parts cost? frankly if it is just parts then that is a rip off.

·
Registered
215 Posts
oh shift linkage included sry.
and yes, thats just parts.
the trans itself was 1200 so 450 for 2 cv shafts, 2 knuckles, and shift linkage
i suppose that isnt necisarily the best deal ever huh?

·
Registered
81 Posts
If your not happy with the deal, I'll give you 1650 for it. I have more than that in my 5 speed. A clutch, bearing and synchro kit and a limited slip was just over 1800.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
car-part.com read my thread. buy the entire knuckles and save yourself the trouble. you can get then for like $50 each if you search.

·
Registered
3 Posts
question. Im about to to the same swap and im reading that 07 to 09 i dont need to change the knuckles or the hubs just the axles to mazdaspeed3 axles ok good. Now my question is since my mazda 3 didn’t come with abs when i put the trans in the speedometer wont work since mazdaspeed 3 speedometer works with abs sensor in the hubs will i need to put an abs system and program it and change hubs to get my speedometer to work

1 - 15 of 15 Posts