Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im new to the mazda scene, i jsut bought a 09 mazda 3 s sport and i am stationed in germany. i do alot of autobahn driving, (110mph average speed) i was wondering what would be good suspension upgrade because there alot of twisting roads here and pretty high speeds, i jsut bough a progessive rear sway bar, but would it be better to do the front one and maybe a strut bar? id like opinions from people that know alot about this area thanks for all your help

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Most strut bars don't do much because our struts are so close to the firewall. The rear sway bar is a good upgrade, it'll reduce some understeer. If you get a front sway bar, your car will feel more balanced and neutral. As for replacing the springs and shocks, you can either replace those with aftermarket ones or you could go with coilovers. It all depends on your budget and how well you want the car to perform. Also, don't underestimate the power of a good set of tires.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well right now becuase of the winter conditions and german law i have to use snow tires, there coopers. i just have the stock 16 inch alloys right now but i wanna get 17 when winters gone. i wasnt sure the strut bar actualy did any good. my budget allows me to buy the best, are coil overs better?

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Coilovers are typically better than spring/shock combos, but thats not always true, a good set of shocks and springs could be comparable. Koni yellows or Bilstein HD shocks are very good quality. There are a plethora of springs of available

1 - 4 of 4 Posts