Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have trouble with my new Mazda 2 only 550km. on it. It makes a creaking/squeaking noise while going over bumps or uneven surfaces. Took it to Weber mazda (Edm. AB, Canada) and they lubricated rear passenger coil springs and still makes creaking noise. Then i took it Landmark Mazda also in Edmonton Canada and they replaced Stabilizer Bushings but still makes the same noise and getting worse. I will take to and independent Mazda Service garage on Monday. What could it be? Anyone else experiencing similar problems. Seems to be faulty bushings or stabilizer links. Its very cold -25 and colder at night and makes the creaking noise even louder.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought my 2 at the end of November and as soon as the weather went below 0 mid-December the creaking started. It creaks until the car warms up whenever I go over bumps or uneven roads as well. I took it to Mazda twice since January now and they just keep lubing it up but that only works for 4-5 days. Im taking it in tomorrow morning AGAIN and leaving it for the day/over night so if they figure it out Ill post up again. How many people have to make complaints for this to be considered a recall?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Apparently Mazda's techline has a solution. Instead of lubing up the bushings they have to take the suspension apart and spray it down with something. I asked them exactly what they did this time but because Im a girl it means I know nothing about cars and they left it at that "sprayed it down". Lets hope this solution lasts more than 4 days and you guys can get better service and respect when servicing your cars at the dealerships.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It might not be the suspension. With your hand press on the tailights & on the plastic paneling that surrounds the tailights. I can make my squeak quite a bit just by pushing on that area. I think when the car goes over speed bumps that the frame flexes a bit & causes that area to squeak.

Also I noticed under the car that the heat shield above the muffler could possibly cause some noise.........it's very thin and tinny sounding when you move it around.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was grinding on the outside shocks of 0 degrees. Those bastards sounds like they have no lubricant on them. After 10 minutes of action if you will. Sounds like an old bed, taking a beating in the night.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Is the sound coming from the front or rear suspension? would you say that the sound its coming into the cabin through the floor or the instrument panel? If its the front and its the floor, it may be sway bay bushings. If its the front and its coming from the windshield area it could be the fitment of the dash-cover to the windshield.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2011 Mazda 2 Suspension Problem

I also have a 2011 Mazda 2 that when its -19 -23C it does a screatchy noise in the back I took it to the dealer and they sprayed with some lubricant but after some time the noise comes but, has anybody have a answer why I live in Manitoba. Hope to hear from some soon

Best Regards
Gianluigi

1 - 8 of 8 Posts