Mazda3 Forums banner

How many have had a surging problem with their 3S sedans

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had this problem? I have, and I'm not happy. Had my foot on the brake and before I could even get it on the accelerator it surged forward. Only happened twice, and hasn't happened since. Have checked everything around the the pedals, but everything looks fine.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Voted yes.
Still do.
7-06 neo (base model)
After four months mazda australia says.
"Aus spec cars don't have a surge problem"
Lying pricks.

I will NEVER buy another mazda.
The faults and the way they all (including mazda) lie to worm their way out of it.
People need to be sacked/taken to court.

Out of five warranty claims not one has been fixed or admited to by these retards.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is ridiculous and not good business.......... :x :x :x :x

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I think virtually all of the 2.3L ATXs will have erratic throttle response when the engine has just been started.

It's just the nature of the car's behavior before being warmed up to operating temperature.

Mine gives me a special little "kick" during my 1-2 shift when I drive it before it's warmed up. :)

Sometimes even, I'll be rewarded with a slight bogging down if I get on the gas fast after letting it idle for a couple minutes (while warming it up).

I think this is all normal.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
After it's warm... never happened to me. :(

Maybe if you idle a long time, then it gets HOT so it runs lean and gives a surge of power...

Dunno...

·
Registered
472 Posts
the only "surging" i get is when im at a stop and have the A/C on, the car would attempt to move forward a bit while im holding the brake. with the A/C off it doesn't happen.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Only thing I get that resembles this is while at cruising speeds on the highway...it's like the ignition cuts out or something. It's very faint miss though.

·
Registered
315 Posts
My 07 S-GT sedan does this while I'm at a stop sometimes. Foot on the brake and I feel it pull forward; it can be a bit unsettling. At first I thought it was my A/C turning on but then I looked down to see that it wasn't even on. YIKES!

I'm not too worried about it yet. If it gets worse or becomes really annoying I'll contact the dealer about it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts