Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Sorry if this is the wrong section...i looked and thought this was the best place for it.

I have an '07 2.3 sedan. My sunroof occasionally won't open. Its quite annoying. It doesnt happen all of the time, but happens enough to be an annoyance. Is this a common problem?

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
I don't recall reports of sunroof issues.

Could it be the cold weather or an issue that you can see? Are the tracks clean and clear of any debris?

Since it's an 07, do you have any warranty left?

·
Registered
887 Posts
i have an 06 and have never had a single problem with my sunroof. do you by any chance life in FL? sometimes the hot weather prevents my window from opening. maybe the same thing is happening to your sunfoor..

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
i once had a saturn. the sunroof did not open on occasion. the motor was old and burnt out. hitting it jarred it into working. much like the starter for your engine.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i do have warranty left, and I think im def going to get it checked out sometime soon. I was just curious to see if anybody had experienced any problems with it on their car. I live in PA, so extreme heat isnt the issue.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Sometimes mine gets stuck when its really cold (probably frozen shut by condensation) so i just leave it shut.

Otherwise the only problems i had with it was the little thing that flips up in the front to block the air snapped off and broke when the springs got stuck and it didn't go down when i shut the thing lol. CRUNCH. It was replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I never had a problem with my sunroof, but sometimes the windows on my old 05 hatch would get stuck. I figured it out that the seals around the window got tacky in the heat and would sort of glue themselves to the glass. Don't know if thats your problem, but it might help

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have a 2008 M3 S Hatchback that has started to have sunroof issues... When I press the automatic open button the SR just sticks... Ill close it again and try to open it and it sticks...until I wait a few minutes...and try it again and then, maybe, it'll open.

I tend to think it's a defective button...not sure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts