Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recall all of the Mazda3s and make the sun visors extendable when pulled across to the side windows, geez. You would think that any idiot would have thought of that by now. :roll:

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
I am surprised that no one has created this topic before today. I haven't been in a MZ3 yet to see how "bad" these visors are, but it is a small thing that I am surprised got overlooked by Mazda, considering all the innovative features that the MZ3 has :)

I heard somewhere the reason for not having extensions is because of interference with the side curtain airbags if they were to go off. Not sure if this true, but it makes some sense.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Mnemonicj has a point, although a recall may be a slight overreaction. How about visors like old Intrepids, where you'd pull the visor to the side, be able to extend it all the way across, and there was a second, smaller visor that could be folded out to block a little sunlight through the windshield. Oh, and lighted visor mirrors would be nice too.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Actually, I don't mind that so much - I wast to know why they put plastic visors with no vanity light in??

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Seem to have read somewhere that it had to do with side airbags....don't remember where I read that though.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Really? The P5 had cloth with lights... Hmm....

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
I think M3-GT was talking about sun visor extensions interferring with the side curtains, not cloth or vanity lights affecting the SAB/SAC.

·
Registered
46 Posts
definetley overlooked by mazda..cheap,no lites..but the rest of the interior is quite nice,a step up from the competition !
6 weeks old 1000 miles ..fist oil change at dealer n/c..ovefilled by one quart ! drained it off at home..next oil change i pay and will check stick prior to leaving..

·
Registered
202 Posts
so any aftermarket or mazda mirrors that we can replace them with? It'll be a bitch for them to add any sort of light once they haven't wired for it. Watch, 2005 will have lights int he mirrors and an extension. I don't mind the light so much b/c you can use the spotlights sorta, but no side extension was pretty irritating driving to work this mornign with the sun on the side of my face.

·
Registered
46 Posts
not worth it to me ..the center spot doesnt bother me ..it has some kind of factory glare reducer already

·
Registered
202 Posts
it's totally worth it. I'm not talking about the center spot between the 2 visors, but the driver-side window. It covers the front half in front of your head, but leaves the back half totally exposed, which isn't too cool when the sun is right there.

·
Registered
46 Posts
ok i understand were you mean i usually never move my visors, only up and down
i will be tinting the windows to legal limit soon
it gets much to hot in florida.. i also use a front custom sun relector most people do here
anything to cut the heat here the summers are brutal ..
zoom zoom

·
Registered
202 Posts
anyone? sun visor extenders? replacement sun visors?

so annoying when people reply to your post with usless info and just bury your post with commentary that in no way answers your question.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
edit: Sorry, I can't delete it now that you posted.

·
Registered
202 Posts
honsetly.. you could have simply not replied... :? a bit rude... and instead of "good luck" what I would prefer is for people to not reply with completely unhelpful info.

·
Premium Member
1,940 Posts
Maybe we can retrofit some from another mazda that has better ones. Of course I realize there would be some size differences but it might be a start for us that already have the car.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts