Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'd go with the OR52 in anthracite.

And yes Enkei is a pretty good name. They certainly aren't the ADR rims that you see on eBay all the time. Nothing against those, but I just think that Enkei is a better brand.

·
Registered
273 Posts
i don't like Enkei rims at all :(
i think there is only one that i liked and they stopped making it

go the extra mile and buy some racing harts or some rotas or advan's they seem to last longer in the long run
but thats just me

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll vote for the same, good brand, toyota puts them on alot of their TRD vehicles. (i.e. celica)
The dealer said this as well, which is reassuring. I know that on the frontpage of the Enkei website they have a Maclaren/Mercedes F1 car shod with Enkei racing rims.

Can you guys suggest any other rims from different manufacturers that won't break the bank? I got a quote for a set of 18" Enkei OR52 (6 spoke) in Anthracite with a set of 225/40r18 Yokohama ES100 for a little under $2500 CDN (which includes nuts, locks, balancing and 15% taxes and he'll even paint my calipers if I so desired).

·
Registered
16,466 Posts
That seems like a great deal for performance rims and tires, not to mention painted break calipers. You could probably paint them on your own for $10 but it is time consuming to do it properly. If I can get a deal on shoes like that I might do something similar in summer :D

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Folia-Tec G2 is the best damn kit for painting your calipers. Its a brush on application and it dries nearly smooth, so you dont have to be an expert at matching.

They sell for $45 @ TireRack.com

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had a set of Enkei 18's on my 1997 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD. I thought the build quality was poor. I would never buy Enkei wheels again. Try www.tirerack.com , they have some nice wheels.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I found this Project Protege 5 referenced from another board and I really like the wheels on it. They are by ROH called "Fury" and to me they look like they are in what the company calls a "Chrome Shadow" finish. What do you think?

·
Registered
2 Posts
wheels

I have never had a completely positive experience with any Enkei wheels, either myself or friends that have purchased them. I had a set that the clearcoat started to bubble up after 3 months. But anyways, I now have Rota sub-zero's and I love them.
BTW, I drive a WRX and I was planning on mounting up the sub-zero's up to our 3 after we take delivery of it but now I noticed that it has a different lug pattern. Oh well

Phil

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
bluntman said:
I found this Project Protege 5 referenced from another board and I really like the wheels on it. They are by ROH called "Fury" and to me they look like they are in what the company calls a "Chrome Shadow" finish. What do you think?

I LOVE these rims....If I was in the market for some I would consider them....I can see them on my 3....oh well getting new tires to replace that RS-A crap will cost enough. The good news is that I'm getting $400 for the RS-A so the T1-S will only cost me around $500 CDN....bubye RS-A.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Those are [/b]SICK rims bluntman :shock: .........I want those on my tit grey metallic!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Those are some nice wheels, but they look too much like stock wheels. The wheels I get will either be gunmetal or black just to be different.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Congrats !! I like them !

Anyone know ROH’s reputation?

How much did you pay? Do you know how much they weigh?

Post some pics once you have them installed :D

M

·
0 Posts
ROH's are very good here in Australia...

They're pretty heavy tho..

these are nice too...

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've actually run with ROHs exclusively in the past, talk about brand loyalty! My 91 Acura Integra GS coupe and my 97 4 door RAV4 both have been shod with ROH Reflex rims. The Acura had 15" and the RAV4 had 16" with the "Deep Dish" look to them (you can check them out at www.rav4world.com, look in the owners gallery, I'm member #2). The ones on the RAV I had year round and have never had a problem with them. Apparently they're forged rims so I guess they're strong.

Their weight wasn't really an issue, the number of potholes here in Toronto are horrendous, I just wanted something that wouldn't break, look nice and wouldn't cost me an arm and a leg (they were $270 each). According to ROH's website, the Fury are Australia's most popular wheel! :D

Unfortunately, they only come in "Chrome Shadow" (the finish I got) and silver, no chrome.

Pictures are at the top of my list!

I just realized that these were the most expensive things that I've bought sight-unseen. I saw those pictures on a website and I said that I had to have those rims on my car. Let's hope that that is a good thing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts