Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Mazda3 IMO:

1) Change Holder (just above Hood Release, not the one beside the shifter) should replace the empty space that really serves no purpose.

2) Light on vanity mirror

3) Do something about the empty space on the Digital Screen, possible temp. gauge or something.

4) Plastic pieces that slide out of the Visor. The visor only covers about half of the side windows, and the sun always seems to be there.

5) Adjustible headrests that move Front and Back (not just up and down)

can you guys come up with anymore???

·
Registered
5 Posts
-Mazdaspeed 240HP AWD
-Mazdaspeed 240HP AWD
-Mazdaspeed 240HP AWD
-Mazdaspeed 240HP AWD
-Mazdaspeed 240HP AWD
-Mazdaspeed 240HP AWD
-Mazdaspeed 240HP AWD
-Mazdaspeed 240HP AWD

:)

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
damn dinu's fast, sorry about the wrong section
i didn't even notice this section

·
Registered
773 Posts
More ideas for Mazda...hmm, how about a 5 speed auto, like on Passat, Accord and oh, yeah, the Mazda 6s? At least on the Mz3s, it would be nice to have one more gear to accelerate with, and by making the 5 speed auto hook to the 2.3, it could be applied to the Mz6i, thereby allowing for much better economies of scale (in other words, the more you buy/make of something, the cheaper it is). Not to mention the added benefit in highway cruising, as a taller 5th gear allows for an even taller overdrive. Oh, and this idea came to me today...I think Mazda should make 3 Mz3 trim lines. They need to add a new one with the V6, and only coming with a manual, but fully loaded, with everything but the NAV system (similar to Acura and Honda's pricing scheme with trim lines). That way, it would truly dominate all other cars in the class, since you're sticking, hopefully, the Mz6s engine in a car that weighs much less. Hook it to AWD, and you've got yourself...damn, I think I just came up with the formula for a Mazdaspeed vehicle.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dinu01...can you change the title of this topic to "Things Mazda should change for 2005 Mazda3" thanks

·
Registered
272 Posts
SBTanMan said:
need to add a new one with the V6, and only coming with a manual, but fully loaded, with everything but the NAV system (similar to Acura and Honda's pricing scheme with trim lines). That way, it would truly dominate all other cars in the class, since you're sticking, hopefully, the Mz6s engine in a car that weighs much less. Hook it to AWD, and you've got yourself...damn, I think I just came up with the formula for a Mazdaspeed vehicle.
No, you didn't. In case you haven't noticed, the 3s 5-speed weighs nearly 2900 lbs. With your "fully loaded" V6 and AWD idea, I'm guessing it would weigh close to 3200-3300lbs. It would totally screw up the handling dynamics of the 3. Thankfully, you won't see a V6 or AWD in the 3 anytime soon.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
6_funk said:
Dinu01...can you change the title of this topic to "Things Mazda should change for 2005 Mazda3" thanks
Is this good? Long titles don't fit the "Subject" space area sometimes :oops:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what do you suggest?
i was referring to mazda3 only, as this is a mazda3 site
but i didn't really want to start a topic about the whole Mazda lineup

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yes - leave it

·
Registered
98 Posts
what about electronic seat adjusters and maybe a coin holder and some reading lights in the back and an arm rest in the back and those automatic wipers that automatically start when theres rain. so far thats all i can think of.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
good point vartex....Rear Arm Rest, i forgot about that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Do these next time...

I don't like the placement of the center cup holders. They should be in front of the gear shift, not behind them. When I get my Super-Ultra-Mega-TakeOverTheWorld Sized drink, I have to shift awkwardly because they are in the way. But if they move the drink holders, they would probably have to redesign the entire center console and controls...

Also, I don't like the partial brow on the front windshield. If you're donna do one, make run the entire windshield.

Add a higher quality sound system option.

·
Registered
98 Posts
and dont forget climate control (maybe even some temperature options on the steering wheel) and maybe something to automatically connect with your cell phone (through bluetooth of course) in which when you press some button (maybe even on the steering wheel) the phone is connected with the car and when a call comes the radio automatically goes on mute and the call automatically comes through and you can talk to other person via speakers

another nice feature might be a grille that lights up. and also if the i model came standard with fog lights. (probably the only reason im going for the s)

1 - 20 of 138 Posts