Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
13,838 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
[quote author=killerkitty link=topic=117672.msg2465719#msg2465719 date=1216149806]
i am really suprised that dog stay alive for 5 years without any shelter.
[/quote]

I am guessing someone was taking care of it, and then it escaped again.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Totally. I mean, I'd love to think that he is a super beagle and survived for 5 years in the wild. But a beagle in the open, someone is bound to grab him. Mine has escaped twice and people grab her within hours since they are not a scary looking dog to approach.

·
Registered
9,451 Posts
[quote author=killerkitty link=topic=117672.msg2465751#msg2465751 date=1216150231]
i know the dog had a micro chip but i wonder if it had a collar on also.
[/quote]

Probably not. I see all to few people use or keep collars on their dogs unless they are actually taking them out for a walk. What is less excusable to me is that I see relatively few people put collars on outdoor cats. Its one thing if the cat is strictly indoor only, but if it is an outdoor cat it needs a collar.

I've also heard of all to many people simply keeping a dog or cat that they found when they thought it was a stray without bothering to take it to the local animal shelter and requesting the adoption if the owner can't be found. I know damn well that is what I would do. I would beyond furious if my cat got away and someone simply decided to keep her for themselves instead of taking her to the animal shelter to see if the owner could be found.
-Matt

·
Registered
969 Posts
Wow talk about luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts