Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've got 2 kicker 12's in my mazda 3 sedan and it seems to raddle my trunk and it doesn't sound very good. any advice on how to stop it?

thanks

·
Registered
511 Posts
Alright, well you have a few things that are causing all the racket. The first and most annoying are 2 medium-sized vents on either corner of your trunk towards the rear of your car. The vents have rubber flaps on them to let the air pressure out then you close your trunk. Those things rattle like hell. The second is your trunk lid. I dynamated mine last night and it now doesnt rattle at all. The third, and I'm still trying to figure this out, is your back bumper. Mine makes a hella lotta noise when I have the bass turned up. The last one is the plastic rear shelf inside your car. It bounces up and hits the rear window also creating a crap-load of racket. The whole plastic piece also vibrates too which is just as annoying.

So there you go.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Dynamat is a sound deading material that has an adheasive on it so it will stick to whatever surface your trying to put it on in your car. It helps to eliminate outside noise as well as reduce vibration. Exellent stuff in my book. A little expensive though. www.dynamat.com

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey spider is there a way you could snap a pic of where you put the dynamat around your trunk to stop the raddling?

·
Registered
511 Posts
I didnt get whole thing done since all that was left was a 2-square-foot roll of it. All I sound deadened was the inside of the trunk lid and a small bit around the hatch area. The trunk lid I'll take a pic of tomarrow but its a royal PITA to get that plastic step part off and I really dont feel like taking that off again. =P But I'll get a pic of the trunk lid for you.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Yeah my trunk lid is silent now. It really worked well there. I didn't get too much under the plastic step part that covers the trunk latch and whatnot that I mentioned earlier so there is still quite a bit of rattle from the bumper area. At least my trunk lid doesn't sound like it's going to fall off now though. :p

·
Registered
10 Posts
[quote author=360Spider link=topic=134400.msg2889239#msg2889239 date=1232904916]
Dynamat is a sound deading material that has an adheasive on it so it will stick to whatever surface your trying to put it on in your car. It helps to eliminate outside noise as well as reduce vibration. Exellent stuff in my book. A little expensive though. www.dynamat.com

[/quote]

I have a single JL Audio 10w6 Sealed (hits really hard) and I dynamated my entire trunk. At www.amazon.com you can get a bulk pack for $134.99 that's 50% what ever Car Toys and some local distributers sell it at. I made the mistake originally by going to car toy's and spending the money and not knowing but once I found amazon had it for cheap it's great!

·
Registered
535 Posts
hey peter, i forgot to see how your system sounded at the angel eyes install?

have you already gone out of town or are you still here?

·
Registered
31 Posts
i'm currently using a Digital Design 512 subs...

I also deadened the trunk, you really notice the improvement on the rattling issues. since i'm into spl, i tend to turn the volume really high for street bass purposes...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts