Mazda3 Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
[quote author=El Ropo link=topic=73663.msg1316070#msg1316070 date=1175863732]
Unless you want your car broken into repeatedly, I'd suggest removing any sticker advertizing audio equipment.
[/quote]
My box with the sub in it and amp mounted on the box is easily 100pounds and it is a sumbitch to even move around in the trunk. For someone who doesn't know what they are doing, it would take at least 30 minutes to get the stuff out of the car without messing it up.

Thanks to the few who gave good comments, I'm building a new box this weekend that will hopefully be a couple dBs louder than the old one. I'll throw up some vids when its finished!

· Registered
2,553 Posts
[quote author=07mazda3s link=topic=73663.msg1316431#msg1316431 date=1175878395]
Unless you want your car broken into repeatedly, I'd suggest removing any sticker advertizing audio equipment.
[/quote]
My box with the sub in it and amp mounted on the box is easily 100pounds and it is a sumbitch to even move around in the trunk. For someone who doesn't know what they are doing, it would take at least 30 minutes to get the stuff out of the car without messing it up.
[/quote]

You would be suprised at how fast a thief can get stuff out of your car. Popping the trunk is literally less than 10seconds, and all your equipment can be ripped out in less than a few minutes.

Remember, when you were installing it you were taking great care, the thief doesnt give a rat's ass about your car and will do whatever it takes to get the stuff out as quickly as possible. And there is usually a car waiting for them to dump al of the stuff into so weight isnt really an issue.

Sadly, I can tell you from experience it can/does/will happen. The last time it cost me $1000 in repairwork to fix the car, not including the cost of the equipment they stole.

· Registered
455 Posts
[quote author=myork link=topic=73663.msg1316601#msg1316601 date=1175881823]
[quote author=07mazda3s link=topic=73663.msg1316431#msg1316431 date=1175878395]
[/quote]
[/quote]

You would be suprised at how fast a thief can get stuff out of your car. Popping the trunk is literally less than 10seconds, and all your equipment can be ripped out in less than a few minutes.

Remember, when you were installing it you were taking great care, the thief doesnt give a rat's ass about your car and will do whatever it takes to get the stuff out as quickly as possible. And there is usually a car waiting for them to dump al of the stuff into so weight isnt really an issue.

Sadly, I can tell you from experience it can/does/will happen. The last time it cost me $1000 in repairwork to fix the car, not including the cost of the equipment they stole.
[/quote]

Yeah, I used to see people come into our shop after their vehicle had been broken into. Thieves don't care how they take anything out, and more often than not, they'll take the route of brute strength to remove equipment. I would see thieves cut RCA cables rather than unplug them or even cut the headunit wiring harness when they could have just unplugged the factory wiring adapter. If they couldn't remove it, many times they would damage the equipment (holes in subs, etc),

· Banned
1,351 Posts
Most of the time when I hear someones car rattling like that, the thing that comes to mind is "what an idiot". Oh well, whatever floats your boat. I'm really trying not to hate but you should listen to other peoples cars that do that when sitting at a stoplight. It simply sounds like ass.

· Registered
1,265 Posts
[quote author=Lukydog link=topic=73663.msg1308159#msg1308159 date=1175566702]
I can tell you I know that constant buzz from the first vid- air vents in the rear of the car behind the bumper make that noise.
[/quote]

Little off topic... but I think those air vents are buzzing my trunk.. it's driving me NUTS. Sounds like you fixed this in your car... care to share the secret? :)

· Registered
4,219 Posts
[quote author=BCZoomZoom link=topic=73663.msg1317872#msg1317872 date=1175924961]
[quote author=Lukydog link=topic=73663.msg1308159#msg1308159 date=1175566702]
I can tell you I know that constant buzz from the first vid- air vents in the rear of the car behind the bumper make that noise.
[/quote]

Little off topic... but I think those air vents are buzzing my trunk.. it's driving me NUTS. Sounds like you fixed this in your car... care to share the secret? :)
[/quote]

Yes, i dropped the rear bumper just to see what the hell was all the noise, but if you remove the rear quarter panel covers inside the trunk, you will see them. Just pin back or remove the flaps- also I noticed the rear aero flares buzz a bit, but you have to get some serious vibes going to see that.

· Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
[quote author=maudi3 link=topic=73663.msg1317011#msg1317011 date=1175893955]
Most of the time when I hear someones car rattling like that, the thing that comes to mind is "what an idiot". Oh well, whatever floats your boat. I'm really trying not to hate but you should listen to other peoples cars that do that when sitting at a stoplight. It simply sounds like ass.
[/quote]
Deal with it.

· Registered
4,118 Posts
old video.

2x 12" REaudio SE subs
1x REaudio 12.1 amp

http://william.myeportfolio.net/Personal/MVI_2010.AVI

its gotten a bit louder since.
I am holding off on the sound deadening until I decide if i get a speed3 or not.
If I go the speed3 route, I will split the subs and only carry one sub. The other one will go to the GF's car.

Not a fan of the rattling, so i will be doing some light sound deadening in the areas that need it.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.