Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally after 6 months it has arrived. The install took no time at all maybe 25 min at max and I am very happy with the fit and finish of the unit. The car pulls alot harder and runs great the only issue I have is in 4th gear and up the car knocks at high RPM's especially when I am running the car hard. My current mods are everything possible outside of a downpipe and access port. The car is setup with test pipe, cbe, turbo inlet, cai, hks ssqv, boost tube....etc...

The real question is what is the best corrective action to solve this? I reset my ECU and this problem was corrected :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
Re: SU tmic installed!

Sounds like you gotta upgrade the fuel pump. Have you done any data logging of AFR and rail pressure?

·
Registered
1,433 Posts

I want that TMIC too, but I have the same mods as you basically, and my fuel pressure drops too low sometimes with the AP tune. If you don't have a logger, go ahead and get the AP so you can run a stage 2+tmic map, and see if your fuel pump holds up. Glad to hear the SU TMIC fits good though.

·
Registered
377 Posts

damn i have basically the same exat mods and i was gonna get the tmic next. Is the fuel pump hard to change?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts

[quote author=allstockspeed3 link=topic=134082.msg2881804#msg2881804 date=1232596552]
damn i have basically the same exat mods and i was gonna get the tmic next. Is the fuel pump hard to change?
[/quote]

No it is relatively easy. There is a very good write up on how to do it.

·
Registered
217 Posts

Do you have any pics on how the TMIC looks on your car?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

What fuel pump does everyone recommend? If this will solve my problems I will deff upgrade. Will step colder plugs help this at all? I will have them installed this week.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I should have some shots tom after I clean her all up I still cant believe how easy it was to install and the car is wow fast now I did a pull last night against a friends STI and started to run away untill the whole fuel cut thing at the high end of 4th...

·
Registered
180 Posts

this car knocks more than those mormons walkin to peoples houses on sunday morning.

my fuel pressure is at 1700PSI WOT and i still get knock, no boost cut, no fuel cut, knock is what this fucking car loves to do.

whenever it knocks, i feel like slapping the shifter.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts

knock at WOT is not a good thing. you should definitely check out your fuel pressure with either an AP or a DH. if that's the issue, then it's easy enough to fix...=d

·
Registered
518 Posts

[quote author=MazdaX2C link=topic=134082.msg2882263#msg2882263 date=1232630663]
What fuel pump does everyone recommend? If this will solve my problems I will deff upgrade. Will step colder plugs help this at all? I will have them installed this week.
[/quote]

PG has the internals to install yourself or CP-E has a fully done one, all tested etc. with warranty. on MSF site you can talk to a cp-e rep to get a discount...

·
Registered
300 Posts

Through PG, the CP-E fuel pump is only $10 or so more than the PG Internals after the core charge is refunded.

·
Registered
272 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts

[quote author=dkohn1337 link=topic=134082.msg2884813#msg2884813 date=1232697443]
:ttiwwp:
[/quote]Bump. It's the weekend! A great time to get out there and take some well-lit, hi-res photos, and then shrink them down to 250K for uploading. Also, very curious about the fuel cut. Anybody who can loan you a Dashhawk or similar for datalogging the event? Hard to believe you'd be getting a fuel cut with just a cat delete. I haven't heard of anybody getting it without the full monty on the exhaust.

·
Registered
377 Posts

I get fuel cut on a cold morning one day and i have the stock tmic! The fuel pumps from the factory are shit.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts

[quote author=allstockspeed3 link=topic=134082.msg2887842#msg2887842 date=1232821383]
I get fuel cut on a cold morning one day and i have the stock tmic! The fuel pumps from the factory are shit.
[/quote]Maybe cold is more a factor than the mid-pipe? Maybe the TSB for low voltage to the fuel pump would be enough to compensate for cold weather.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts