Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Street Unit Intercooler Hose Kits
The prototypes are complete. The prototypes will be released at WinterPalooza on January 20th!!! Prototypes for both the MS6 and MS3 are both complete. They will be available in red blue and black. They are all custom engineered and designed hoses and come complete with the necessary clamping system. Estimated cost for the MS6 will be $60-80, for the MS3 $70-90.

More info on when the production run for these hoses will be complete and pictures are soon to come! Feel free to PM me with any questions!

Also....WinterPalooza information here:
http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=64919.0

The hot side and cold side boost tubes are High Performance, 4-Ply Silicone Hoses and replace the 1-ply stock TMIC tubes. Besides changing colors, the stronger 4 -Ply Boost Tubes will hold boost more efficiently.

·
Registered
256 Posts
So if I install the black ones, will mazda not be able to tell I have them at all?

:)

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
[quote author=awdturbo link=topic=66471.msg1140207#msg1140207 date=1168329403]
So if I install the black ones, will mazda not be able to tell I have them at all?

:)
[/quote]

black probably has a shiny finish unlike the matte finish of stock.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Even if Mazda noticed that you have different, better silicone hoses, I don't see this being any kind of problem.
Yes they are a bit shinier and a different exterior finish.

·
Registered
256 Posts
[quote author=StreetUnit Mike link=topic=66471.msg1140687#msg1140687 date=1168365663]
Even if Mazda noticed that you have different, better silicone hoses, I don't see this being any kind of problem.
Yes they are a bit shinier and a different exterior finish.
[/quote]

Negative. Mazda will find a way to blame a problem, if I had a problem, to them. Already spoke to my dealer and they were still uptight about any kind of mods, even a bov.

·
Registered
178 Posts
You need a new dealer then! Not all dealers are anal about mods.

Might be a bit tricky in hawaii though, makes it a bit harder to shop around :D

·
Registered
203 Posts
What would be the benifet of having stronger tubes or these tubes? Is it a color thing?

If something blew because of too much pressure, and caused damage, i could see them saying that if the original tubes were on there, they would have blown being weaker, instead of something else.

Just speculating. Still a turbo nube, but wouldnt be surprised if they tried to pull something like that as an excuse not to warranty.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Most factory tubing is not the best for airflow because it is often irregularly shaped. Aftermarket hoses usually breath better, and are stronger. With everything else stock, there probably won't be much performance gain, but when upping boost or going to a larger turbo, it is a good idea to upgrade this type of stuff.

·
Registered
173 Posts
when i had my gti I remember seeing a video that made me want new hoses. I don't remember where i saw the video but it went something like this.. (test vehicle was a 1.8t gti) There was a camera focused on the engine bay, guy punched it, at about 4k up to 6.5k the hose collapsed in on itself. The End. Of course the car wasn't stock it had the usuals chip, intake, exhaust, DV, blah blah.

Not saying thats the case with the speed3 at all, just another reason you might want to get better hoses.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The stock hoses are very thin and do not hold boost and maintain their shape for smooth air flow as well as the upgraded 4 ply hoses will be.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
[quote author=StreetUnit Mike link=topic=66471.msg1149341#msg1149341 date=1168807018]
The stock hoses are very thin and do not hold boost and maintain their shape for smooth air flow as well as the upgraded 4 ply hoses will be.
[/quote]
Are you saying that the stock hoses (which are very short) will deform or leak with just 15 PSI of pressure?
If that is the case, then Mazda engineers must be total morons.

·
Registered
108 Posts
[quote author=SachielDesign link=topic=66471.msg1147888#msg1147888 date=1168711067]
when i had my gti I remember seeing a video that made me want new hoses. I don't remember where i saw the video but it went something like this.. (test vehicle was a 1.8t gti) There was a camera focused on the engine bay, guy punched it, at about 4k up to 6.5k the hose collapsed in on itself. The End. Of course the car wasn't stock it had the usuals chip, intake, exhaust, DV, blah blah.

Not saying thats the case with the speed3 at all, just another reason you might want to get better hoses.

[/quote]

That was a hose on the intake side, not under pressure like a boost hose would be.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I usually saw hoses on the IC side blow up like balloons rather than implode.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
[quote author=GT1 link=topic=66471.msg1149416#msg1149416 date=1168809819]
[quote author=StreetUnit Mike link=topic=66471.msg1149341#msg1149341 date=1168807018]
[/quote]
Are you saying that the stock hoses (which are very short) will deform or leak with just 15 PSI of pressure?
If that is the case, then Mazda engineers must be total morons.
[/quote]

LOL I am not calling the Mazda engineers morons, they used cheap hoses that are fine for a completely stock vehicle. But as your mod and power up your car little by little this will make replacing these hoses more and more important.

·
Registered
4,979 Posts
silicone hoses are a great mod if the stock hoses are ribbed/accordian-like, or inconsistent in flow design. Silicone will generally provide a much smoother air flow than stock. And silicone hoses should outlast the stock plastic through harsh weather conditions that may promote cracking and what not to the stock hoses(extreme cases).

The stock hoses will hold boost just fine, thats not the issue.

Its just about improving airflow. and in the meantime seeing boost a bit earlier... like even if its by 100-300rpm earlier, thats less lag for you. For under a 100 bucks. I say its a worthwhile mod.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I'd like to see pictures of these and installed pictures too

I'm a noob in cars so every picture counts for me to see where it goes!

As far as what it does I generally understand pretty well :shock:

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
Funny tenacious i was looking for this thread and it just popped up at the top of the list

I want red ones !

1 - 20 of 45 Posts