Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 3 2.3 sedan. Do I have a combo of shocks/ struts? or just all shock all struts or what the heck is the difference? I just know my 2 front assemblies are shot. I need new ones but I dont know which ones to buy. Im looking to upgrade them as well. Recommendations?

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
If you are not looking for hardcore track-ready suspension but still want a nice slightly firmer ride with your stock springs, I would recommend either the Mazdaspeed struts or the Koni FSD. Buying a pair of either type of struts, you'll re-use your stock springs and some other bits to attach them to your car.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sweet, so the mazdaspeed 3 struts would fit. I will look into both of those because I need to replace both but if im gonna replace i might as well upgrade. Thanks again cali. :)

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
no, i think he meant the mazdaspeed performance accessory items for the mazda3.

i wouldn't bother using MS3 struts myself....unless your oems are shot and you can get them near new for cheap....
Koni yellows (sports) are another option, but will be noticeably firmer than oem. (fsd's are supposed to be a little closer to stock as far as ride).

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
the forum sponsors can usually offer a decent deal...there a a few mazda dealerships (for Mazdaspeed) and aftermarket dealers who sell Konis or Bilsteins (among others).

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
THmotorsports is the place to buy Knoi's. They're a forum sponsor and Adam will take great car of you.

Best prices too!

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The link I put I can get both the front struts fro 6 dollars less than at motorsports...shipped.... :eek:hsnap:

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
why only fronts?

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
:lol: You don't pay what's listed online. You call them up and ask for their best price. :dur:

If it ends up being a $6 difference, I'd gladly pay $6 for the customer service you'll receive at THM.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well I dont know about shopping for stuff really, I just assume whatever price is online is not negotiable (like most stores). And I only need the front ones because my rear shocks are fine. I also need a front driver side mount? recommendations?

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
strut mount? dealership prolly...

i am wondering what it will handle like with firmer struts up front?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yea thats a good question, I guess ill be finding out... Cant be too bad? Im planning on replacing the back shocks too just not at the moment.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
^^Not as well as having the complete set I'm sure.

IMO, I would just do all 4 at once. Much better (and in the end, cheaper) way to go in the long run.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well since i dont have the money for it, i guess ill just be gettin the oem replacements =/. it was a good try tho :lol:

·
Registered
6,863 Posts

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
:( That's too bad. Koni Yellows are awesome.

It's also too bad you're so far away. I'm selling mine next week when my coilovers go on.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts