Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My parking brake is getting partially stuck at times which results in a lot of smell coming from my left rear brake at times and it heats up the whole wheel!

The dealer absolutely refuses to fix it because they can't recreate it and says everything is fine. Last time it happened on a Sunday and they were closed... how convenient. Someone mentioned a bulletin on the brake cable, anybody have the link?

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
I haven't heard about any brake cable problems. Try taking it to a local car-x for a look.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
There's about a million Mazda dealers in the lower mainland. If one dealer won't help you, go somewhere else. Your warranty is valid anywhere...

TIM

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
[quote author=Ryz link=topic=138186.msg2979480#msg2979480 date=1236346627]
I haven't heard about any brake cable problems. Try taking it to a local car-x for a look.
[/quote]

Oops, you're in BC. I think they're Speedy up there.

·
Registered
248 Posts
If you're having dragging brake issues, then you should have signs of overheating (discolored rotors, scoring/ uneven wear, etc).

See if that can be a cause for warranty and replacement of bad parts

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Also, be sure that you haven't been pulling the brake to bring the rear around since that would induce the same type of damage/smell.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just an update... Had the car at another dealership and they replaced the whole caliper - no hassle. They said based on my description, it was probably seizing. They used logic! Basically, from my description, it couldn't have been the cable and the only other thing is the caliper.

It's been a couple months now and the problem has not returned with the new caliper in place.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
[quote author=vanspd3 link=topic=138186.msg3157089#msg3157089 date=1243967803]It's been a couple months now and the problem has not returned with the new caliper in place.
[/quote]

Good to hear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts