Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(04 mazda3 HB)

Seems like my caliper is stuck. I heard a little rubbing (not quite grinding from my right rear). Usually when I hit the brake, although I've also heard it when the pedal is not pushed in but that was just once. Also noticed the car pulling to one side.

Jacked it up last night and pulled the wheel off. Drivers side spins freely. Passenger side requires some considerable effort to spin. Rotor doesn't look scarred or anything. I also noticed that the inner pad has alot more wear than the outer. It got dark so I didn't pull the caliper off yet. I'll do that when I get home today. At least the weather's nice. :)

Once I get the caliper off is there a way to repair it or do I just buy a new one. (they're $100 at autozone) :x

Anybody run into something like this? Thanks.

P.S. Brakes are stock.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My wife's 3 did something like this as well, but the Piston got stuck and wouldn't come out. I took everything apart, pushed it back in, hit the brake pedal to get it to come out and it seemed to work. I did this a couple more times and haven't had a problem since.

My noise was more the pad rattling around in the caliper carrier, as the piston wasn't keeping pressure on the pad.

·
Registered
26 Posts
[quote author=mazdabrakes link=topic=138232.msg2994631#msg2994631 date=1237074962]
See if you can get the piston pushed back in, you will need to rent a tool from autozone etc to get it done properly.

-G
[/quote]

agreed. if you cant get the piston back in with that thing then it is seized. good luck to you though. i hope you get out of it with just pads and rotors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts