Mazda3 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my fellow ms3 owners I have a story to tell you and a good one it is. It was x-mas and I wasd drifting turnbull canyon here in the socal. After going after my 8th win (rsx's are nothing compared to a mazda 3 at down hill) I decided to race a 240sx, (I know I am very reckless and stupid). I pushed my car to the limit, pressing on the gas swereving and understeering when all the sudden I hit a dirt all across the road and bam I hit the guard rail. My bumper, rht head light and fender were screwd and thus my wait took place, that was my punishment - to wait three months. I had to wait 3 freakin months untill my father would get my car into the body shop that his good friend ownd indoing so, he would do it for free if my dad took some money off the lease. after droping it off at the body shop I had to wait another 4 weeks to add onto my punishment. But I am down to my last week wich is next week. I am have my rims conditioned, a new black grill, new bumper, fender,& headlight. I just can not wait for my night mare to be over once and for all wish me luck :? oh and al post pics

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
and that is why some people should not have fast cars. just busting your balls, but hope you learned your lesson.

·
Registered
106 Posts
[quote author=dread link=topic=70922.msg1245252#msg1245252 date=1172879443]
and that is why some people should not have fast cars. just busting your balls, but hope you learned your lesson.
[/quote]

If I were your dad I would have sold your car. You'd be pimpin' in a Hyunday for the forseeable future.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
[quote author=dread link=topic=70922.msg1245252#msg1245252 date=1172879443]
[/quote]

Specifically, young guys. I'm one, and no way would I trust myself with a car like that. While it'd be damn fun, many guys seem to lose control of their brain when behind the wheel of any car at that age. Throw in a turbo and 260ish Hp and it gets scary.

·
Registered
57 Posts
It was x-mas and I wasd drifting turnbull canyon here in the socal. After going after my 8th win
That made me LOL.

WTF so you lose your car for almost 4 months, how do you go to work/school? If you can go that long without the car maybe you should stay off the road. Dam, and you put that kind of stress on your dad on x-mas...

·
Registered
18,652 Posts
dude and u come here and tell us that.

what did u expect us to say?

·
Registered
724 Posts
Why do all of these type of posts include the disclaimer: (I know I am very reckless and stupid). Obviously, even knowing driving like that was reckless and stupid didn't stop you from doing it.

:edit: vvv fair enough, I guess I didn't read it that way.

·
Registered
13,729 Posts
Wolfe, I believe one reason a lot of people post that type of disclaimer is to act like an apology upfront so we will forgive their stupidity.

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
From a thread about suspension mods....

[quote author=deadghost link=topic=65960.msg1134128#msg1134128 date=1167987994]
[quote author=thebeansoldier link=topic=65960.msg1132466#msg1132466 date=1167911286]
[quote author=deadghost link=topic=65960.msg1132415#msg1132415 date=1167898483]
[quote author=scorcher link=topic=65960.msg1131713#msg1131713 date=1167867109]
[quote author=deadghost link=topic=65960.msg1130609#msg1130609 date=1167816863]
Hi im looking for a sturt bar, found some on ebay but was wondering if you guys had any for sale. Also I have lowerd my ms3 sedan and I do like to drift (safely now, after learning my lesson :shock:) will this strut bar do anything. And as for the install of the strut bar do I remove the gold plates and just simply place the the strut bar on that position. please reply and thank you :)
[/quote]

You drift with your Mazda3?!?! Did you convert it to rear wheel drive or something? :lol: I bet you pull up on the e brake handle thinking it s a drift. And the strut bar won't improve your drifting skills it will keep your front end from flexing.
[/quote]

........well yes I do, im kinda new, im saveing up for drifting school up here in south california, it is a big challenge for me when I go to the local canyons, front wheel drive IS NOT FUN :x, I cant get proper handeling. Hay if takumi made it through with his ae86, then I can give birth to my ms3, LOL 8). who am I kidding al just slide and hit a gaurd rail. And as for the e-brake...im a little to on edge to touch. I have much to learn...
[/quote]

Lesson #1: The Mazda 3 can't drift.

Class dismissed. :p
[/quote]

mark my words, thy mazda three shall drift, and I will be the drift king you kajiens, LOL (evil laugh) :x
[/quote]

:lol:

By the way, a MS3 puts down 260hp and has 5-doors. Your car is not a MS3.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Lollerskates. it takes a real tool to take a gift from their parents and do stuff THIS INCREDIBLY STUPID. You shouldn't have a car right now, and you should be learning what your parents "I had to walk 10 miles to school; in the snow!" stories actually feel like. First, you dont drift a FWD car, second, you don't abuse things that you can't afford to lose, third, this endagers not only property (as you've discovered) but lives (dear god I hope you hooligans aren't trying to run tandems down a canyon road). You deserve to lose your car, and your license.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I don't know how you drift with a FWD car but understeering isn't drifting...and drifting isn't really faster than slowing down then turn when you have to pull the e-brake...

I'd try that on snow just because it always understeer but I wouldn't try it on dry pavement...

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
[quote author=deadghost link=topic=70922.msg1245078#msg1245078 date=1172874584]
he would do it for free if my dad took some money off the lease.
[/quote]

how does that makes sense!?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.