Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well the nut went flying somewhere because the spring compressor from autozone busted! Anyone know the size? I need to get a new one I think!!! I can't find it how far could it have gone I mean really!

Also the struts have not seated completely back into the control arm.. when I put a jack under it, it actually lifts the car instead of sliding in further... i have wd40'd the shit out of it but no dice.... if I put it back on the wheels should it seat itself?

I will be glad when this pro kit is on!! can't get the rear pass. camber bolt off to put the new spc ones on... local dealer wants $84!!!! for one side

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Front strut - don't put it together if it's not fully seated yet. Pry the slot open and it will slide all the way in. Others have a trick that uses the bolt threaded in backwards and a peice of metal. When the bolt tightens, it hits the metal and spreads it open. Look it up & good luck dude.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that makes good sense thanks for that!!!!! you think I can get one of those strut nuts from autozone or somewhere? I could take it in

·
Registered
372 Posts
Take your other nut from and you should be able to find a match.

And for making the strut seat properly...I just put a jack under the lower control arm and gave the strut a good old hit with the hammer and the control arm a few wacks to. It went all the way down with no problems.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for everyones help!!!! I am actually at the dealership now getting an alignment... I ended up using a paint can opener for small some maneuvering of the control arm, did the bolt against metal to open it wide and the tire lug wrench on the drivers.. passenger went on like butter! took my whole strut in to advanced auto.. got two new nuts that are better than stock and even look nice :) 2 bucks :) Love the drive!!!! on this pro kit!! very very nice... but ohh how these new 09 rx-8 temp me... wonder how those new wheels will look on a 3! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts