Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I actually picked up my new Mazda3 about 2 weeks ago, but been too busy at work to post earlier. The transmission on my old car, 96 Contour, died on me. I had recently started looking at new cars anyways and I pretty much had it down to either the Mazda3 or a Honda Civic. The Mazda just had more features and better looks than the Civic.

So I ran around town trying to find a Strato Blue 5-door with only the Auto and ABS. No one seemed to have it. A few dealers could get one, but I needed something sooner. Eventually, I had to settle with getting the Xenon and Moonroof packages also. But I love it! Just hit 600 miles today, so I haven't really pushed the car much. I am really impressed with how nice the car is compared to how much it cost.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Congrats! I am going to trade in my 97 Contour V6 for a Mazda3 S sedan in March. Strato Blue is a very sharp color. Post pics if you can :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Nice car...thank you for posting your pics...i have been dying to see a pic of a strato blue hatch....let me ask you though, was it your first choice of color? If not, what were some of your other choices?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MazdaHaveIt,

Strato Blue was our first choice by far. I could have lived with Titanium Grey if I had to. But that's about it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
nice car, and color ;) does the state that you live in require a front plate? if not, i'd remove the front plate holder, IMHO.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Very clean and shiny :) Sucks about the incoming snow/ice storm today and tomorrow :(

I am going to make sure that when I get my car, that the dealer doesn't put any stickers or front license plate holders on since we don't need a front license plate in PA :) Plus, the holes that remain after removing one are ugly and frustrating :(

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The car looks nice and clean only because I took pics at the dealership before driving it home. It's been too cold to wash it like i'd like. And the snow storm tonite is really going to mess up my car.

Unfortunately, here in VA, we do have to have front license plates. I hate that. I made sure whatever dealer I bought from didn't put any of their stickers on the car. One place had this big ugly silver triangular sticker!

·
Registered
168 Posts
StratoBlue3s5 said:
MazdaHaveIt,

Strato Blue was our first choice by far. I could have lived with Titanium Grey if I had to. But that's about it.
I absolutely love that color!!!

Funny you should say...I have a Titanium Gray...and yes, it was my first choice. However, that's because I've never seen the Strato Blue in person, so I went for what I did see and was available at the time. Congrats on the great color choice!

Spencer

·
Registered
947 Posts
StratoBlue3s5 said:
Unfortunately, here in VA, we do have to have front license plates. I hate that. I made sure whatever dealer I bought from didn't put any of their stickers on the car. One place had this big ugly silver triangular sticker!
Hey, congrats on the car man. My car had one of thos big ugly silver triangular stickers. They were easy to peel off though. :bigsmile: Koons is the offending dealer.

I share the pain on the front licence plate requirement...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts