Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Problems with my 3. Weird too. It has happened twice now. I pulled into the parking lot at work and my car started to die when I was steering into the space or coming around one of the rows. The car almost completely dies (as if you were to unhook the positive battery terminal) and then it comes back to life. I took it to the dealership on Monday after the first time it happened and they told me that it was happening because supposedly a wire I had running for my under dash lights was touching the body of the car and shorting out. I told them that didn't make sense because it would have blown the 3 amp fuse and wouldn't cause what was happening. They said they checked the battery and alternator and codes and everything was perfectly normal. So they cut my wire for the lights and charged me $110 and sent me on my way. Then yesterday morning it happened again. So it obviously wasn't what they said it was the first time. The car runs fine otherwise. So I'm going to check everything I've done to the car and make sure it can't possibly be anything that's my fault and if it happens again I'm taking it back to Hall and telling them to fix it and that I want my $110 back from the first time. Any thoughts as to what it could be? I'm thinking maybe something to do with power steering since it has only happened when I'm turning fairly hard but I can't seem to reproduce the problem.

·
Registered
14,227 Posts
I would be super pissed...I guess it could be something wrong with the power steering. Maybe it's trying to use so much juice, it's taking away from the ignition? That is really weird.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[quote author=saluteTOme link=topic=66698.msg1144609#msg1144609 date=1168546971]
maybe take it to a machanic and ask/pay them to find the problem and take it back to the dealership to have it fixed
[/quote]

I just don't want to be out any more money since it's still under warranty. I've only got 32,000 on it and it's an '05.

·
Registered
14,227 Posts
if they are doing warranty work, and they have to keep it over night, I am pretty sure they have to give you a loaner car. If you didn't buy your car from that place, I dunno if they have to then, but they still should.

I also ment save you time in my last post.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts