Mazda3 Forums banner

Strange problem help me

8K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  throw_sparx 
#1 ·
Ok i can get in the car and start it it runs beautiful once warm and not all the time but most of the time it happens it starts acting up and by acting up is any throttle above idle the engine will go silent like its shutting off let off the throttle and it goes back to idle i can slightly ease on the throttle and get it to build rpms but if i give to much SILENCE sometimes theres a pop going into silent mode, i was told that i needed a new TPS so i purchased a new one for $200 and installed it first time around the block it starts going stupid again.

car is a 1989 GXL
engine JSPEC 91 TII engine tranny ecu and harnesses
i do have one of the latest or close to the latest AFC installed
plugs and wires are new the car has a new alternator and plenty of grounds
the fuel pump is new the upgrade from summit racing and maintains around 50psi fuel pressure goes up when given throttle.

i have a aftermarket BOV but i removed that along time ago cause well stock seems better
im using an electric fan on a large aluminum 4 core radiator
boost sensor has been replaced, the clutch switch has been replaced and the ecu wiring has been gone through and inspected for proper readings iv changed through more than one ecu and iv even had the injectors all cleaned and checked.

Hopefully someone has some light for me at the end of this dark tunnel.

could it be as simple as i need to reset the ecu after installing the TPS ? i had the battery disconnected when i installed the TPs

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.