Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so heres what happened, this afternoon i go out and start my car, its about 15 degrees F. after warming up for a few minutes, i put my car in reverse and all of the sudden my car starts shaking and theres a strange vibration/noise coming from underneath my car. after driving, and stopped at a red light i put my car in reverse and it wasnt there. about a half hour ago after my car sat for about 7 hours, i put it in reverse and got the same thing happening. anyone ever have this happen to them? i have an 08 with only 12k on the dial...i might be taking a trip to the dealer next week...but in the mean time would like to know if anyone has experienced this

·
Registered
19 Posts
The 3 sometimes does not go all the way into gear, which I'm sure you're aware of. However if not, it's important to hear the click of reverse engaging, if you don't the teeth will just grind and shake and rattle.

option 2 is your emergency brake was on :p.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=Lyncher link=topic=134386.msg2924567#msg2924567 date=1234220393]
The 3 sometimes does not go all the way into gear, which I'm sure you're aware of. However if not, it's important to hear the click of reverse engaging, if you don't the teeth will just grind and shake and rattle.

option 2 is your emergency brake was on :p.
[/quote]

thanks for being the only one to respond...fortunately the noise has gone away, and i was using my ebrake the night before while i was doing donuts in a parking lot cause we got blasted with a snowstorm, that was fun! but the ebrake was off, so whatever i guess, its not doing it anymore

·
Registered
95 Posts
It is possible that you e-brake got stuck due to the cold weather. I have heard of this happening to other cars here on the forums. But I'm glad it is no longer an issue for you! cheers :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts