Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be a dumb thread but I am looking to delete a cat but i can't seem to find the piece i am looking for. Either i can't find it or i don't know the proper wording for it. I need the pipe to have a flange on one side but is open on the other side so it can slide onto my exhaust. I want my exhaust a little bit louder. My exhaust is 2.25.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I think you just have to have muffler shop make one up for you.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its illegal to delete catalytic converter hence the thread.

-Don't ask me why i want to do it then :happysad:

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i guess so

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
ive got the one i took off my car way back when i need to sell. it was on my borla but will fit pretty much any exhaust that originally slips onto the stock exhaust pipe right after the cat converter.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PM me a picture of it.

·
Registered
332 Posts
[quote author=edween link=topic=136323.msg2938025#msg2938025 date=1234696828]
i dont get it, what is the difference between a downpipe straight pipe and race pipe!!
[/quote]
down pipe is the pipe that goes from the header to the exhuast. straight pipe and race pipe are the same thing. their purpose is to delete the cat in order to produce power. Hope that helped

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i got the magnaflow exshaust yesterday. I switched it with a friend of mine. He liked my corksport better and i liked his better since his was so dam quiet and he bought it directly from magnaflow so its the real deal. I think 2.25 is good for our cars instead of 2.5. My throttle response is like right there. I mean right there. I woke up this morn and as i accelerated out my house i noticed the accelerator is a lot more sensitive. The only thing i dont like about this is the dam tip. Its pushed in bumper about an inch. I asked him if he got it for a hatch by mistake but he said no.
I think i have found someone who may sell me a straight pipe.

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
yes i have the mazdaspeed accessory exhaust and coming from a 2.5" exhaust, 2.25" is far superior on all accounts. there is way more "useable" power available and it isn't necessary to wind a gear out to 6 grand to get any power.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yea, this was the biggest gain and difference i felt with my car so far. Even after putting the header on i didn't feel much but this was like whooo haa wtf happened :lol:

·
Registered
864 Posts
[quote author=jtluongo link=topic=136323.msg2938150#msg2938150 date=1234711877]
i dont get it, what is the difference between a downpipe straight pipe and race pipe!!
[/quote]
down pipe is the pipe that goes from the header to the exhuast. straight pipe and race pipe are the same thing. their purpose is to delete the cat in order to produce power. Hope that helped
[/quote]

then wouldnt it be better just to get a downpipe instead of a race pipe ?
and plus you get better gains from a downpipe right?

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
[quote author=jtluongo link=topic=136323.msg2938150#msg2938150 date=1234711877]
[/quote]
[/quote]

no no no this is all wrong. downpipes are used on turbo'd cars and go from the turbo exhaust housing to the rest of the exhaust (or mid-pipe, depending on design). header(s) are on cars that do not have turbo's and go from the motor block to the exhaust.

·
Registered
324 Posts
so would a corksport test pipe fit on a 08.5 sedan? i already have the corksport CBE but stock headers and downpipe? plz let me know asap...

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
you already deleted the second cat with that exhaust...i dont think you need the test pipe.

·
Registered
324 Posts
[quote author=08mazda2.0 link=topic=136323.msg3103213#msg3103213 date=1241489009]
you already deleted the second cat with that exhaust...i dont think you need the test pipe.
[/quote]

so correct me if im wrong, all i need to do is get a header and my complete exhaust system is aftermarket? fairly new to this trying to learn more....

thx!

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
depending on the header...you will be catless so you won't need that...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts