Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so i'm having issues with stability at 45mph+ speeds. Steering seems like there is too much play when centered. I've already checked my linkages in my suspention and have found 0 play in all 4 corners. I am in need of new tires probably have about 3000mi +/- left on the tread and am unsure if i should rush out and get new tires because of this issue or if there might be some other underlying cause. I hope it is just the tires giving me this trouble.
Thanks

·
Registered
860 Posts
Tires would cause that. If they are not stable I would highly suggest just going out and getting some new ones. 3,000 miles is not a lot of tire left specially if they are not wearing correctly.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool!!!
I think i might as well get the alignment checked while i'm there too. Should i get the mechanic to 0 in all of my settings or try to stay as close to oem alignment as possible?

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
i don't think you want 0 camber, caster and toe. car might not track or handle properly
imho, stay near or within oem specs. for daily driving.

you can wait for other opinions...and I was going to add, have them inspect your shocks/struts. if you're floating at higher speeds, these may also need replacement.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh my god just got my tires on the other day!!!! The car feels sooooooooo much better!!!!! Had them line me up too and now the car is not pulling when i launch well not as bad anyway. I wound up getting the fusion zri ,i think it's zri, it's z something anyway. I like them so far especialy because they ride sooo much better than the pos nankang that came with my rims. Thank you all for pointing me in the right direction.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts