Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Too bad the engine has so little torque to begin with, and the transmission sapps it all away...

·
Registered
172 Posts
I agree with ATL. They should really stop overrating this HP issues. Miata, RX8, etc. 6 possibly is overrated a bit as well.

But then again, if they overrate a car, we get free maintainance and $500 credit. :lol:

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Dude if your gonna say that mazda over-rates it's horsepower & torque on it's cars, then you shouldn't even be a member, you have nothing to back that up. Don't mean to sound harsh, just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Well they did over-rate the Miata a few years back, then the RX-8 last year, so he does have some backing.

I don't think you have to pray at the alter of mazda to be a member here...discussion is good.

·
Registered
16,466 Posts
Mello said:
Dude if your gonna say that mazda over-rates it's horsepower & torque on it's cars, then you shouldn't even be a member, you have nothing to back that up. Don't mean to sound harsh, just my 2 cents.
The RX-8 only puts down about 175-180 WHP, I would say that is vastly overrated to say it makes 238BHP. Unless the driveshaft is about 200lbs.
I am sure the 3's and 6 are not overrated though. Lots of 3's are putting down 140 WHP (even a little more than that) which if anything sounds underrated for 160BHP.

·
Registered
490 Posts
budgy said:
The RX-8 only puts down about 175-180 WHP, I would say that is vastly overrated to say it makes 238BHP. Unless the driveshaft is about 200lbs.
I am sure the 3's and 6 are not overrated though. Lots of 3's are putting down 140 WHP (even a little more than that) which if anything sounds underrated for 160BHP.
You have to factor in the fact that there's less parasitic HP loss because the power steering is electrically driven rather than belt-driven.

·
Registered
12,421 Posts
RX8 over rated

You know the RX8 is over rated. When I raced and RX8 it had a hell of time beating me, and I have a stock 3s of course I do weight less, but come one 238Hp my As.....rear end.

·
Registered
839 Posts
budgy said:
Mello said:
I've read (Sport Compact Car), that the RX-8 doesn't take well to dyno's because of the ECU cutting back because it senses the front wheels aren't moving. Its been clocked at about 5.9 s 0-60 MPH (launching at an insane RPM and doing wonders for the clutch mind you), which means it has to be making some power.

·
Registered
251 Posts
The RX-8 is perfectly fine. Once you ignore all the figures, you realize what the car can really do. It is an amazing machine and when driving it, it certianly feels like 238 bhp.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts