Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went down to a Car Stereo place this morning, to get some prices on some new speakers to replace the stock ones, and I could not tell the guy what the stock size of the speakers were. Are they 6's, 6 1/2's. or what?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awsome. Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone have a recommendation for replacements of the Stock speaker? JL, Alpine, etc...

·
Registered
315 Posts
6foot3 said:
Does anyone have a recommendation for replacements of the Stock speaker? JL, Alpine, etc...
Whatever your ears like best.

·
Registered
327 Posts
bknauss said:
6foot3 said:
Whatever your ears like best.
I agree with bknauss man, whatever your ears like best. I'm sure whatever you get will be better than factory.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
The real size is 6x8".. although both 5x7" and 6x8" speakers come prepared to be mounted in either or.

6.5" in that spot is perfect, just you wait and see :D

·
Registered
327 Posts
Well someone should go ahead and suggest how to mount 6.5" speakers, because I hae never done that before

·
Registered
327 Posts
Ah ok, that sounds good, I would like to place some nice 6.5" mbquarts or focals, well actually if someone knows how to do this, place a 6.5" midrange, and a 1" tweeter on the door using an adapter. Show me how that happens. thank you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Round vs Elliptical/oblong...

Trying to figure out what exactly to do in mine.. Whats the best option? 5.25", 6.5" or 5x7? I know the whole what your ears like, yadda yadda for the brand, etc, but... I am essentially looking for more (not loads and loads more),tight bass and overall better sound across the spectrum. Im not into the "make the guy in the next car over's teeth rattle" thing, just looking for an upgrade.
Heard that the 5x7s supposedly have the lowest frequency capability - as part of a component set. What do you guys say?

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
The misconception is that the odd shaped speakers tend to play lower notes due to more surface area. That is not the slightiest bit true. Its been proven true that different shapes in speakers affect the high output factor. They dont keep their shape as stated by many, when played at decently high volumes.

If you want ULTIMATE SQ, tight, responsive bass, go with a 7" component set. There will be some cutting involved but not much. I would have if I had the dough to do so.

My sig has a link to my stereo guide. Let it help you as well. I show you how to remove the door panels, make speaker adapters, and speaker installation.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I think I'm going to mount multiple 3.5" woofers in the doors. Four in the front, two in the back.... Couple with a sub and the tweeters....

That's just plain silly, stop thinking I would actually try and pull that off....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts