Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my 04 Mazda3 for a little under a month. Anytime I go over an incline or a speed bump I scrape the bottom of my car. This has lead me to believe that I may not have a stock suspension on my car. What is the stock measurement from the ground to the bottom of the car? I'm still kind of new to this Mazda thing so forgive me if this is a dumb question or has already been answered. lol

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went out side and measured from the ground to the bottom of my driverside sideskirt i have about 4 3/4 of an inch. My friend has about 8 inches on his sedan though

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
The best way to tell is get under the car and look at your springs, maybe shocks and struts as well. Most aftermarket companies have their springs coated in a different color. There are a couple out there that use black but you should see the companies name on the spring if they are black. There is always the possibility that the previous owner had cut the stock springs :shock:

EDIT - ...Or you could post a pic of your car. It's not hard to tell whether its lowered or not unless its an extremely subtle drop.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really hope they didn't cut the stock springs. My friend has a lift so I'm going to get under it this weekend and find out for sure.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
You don't really need a lift. Just peek your head under the back end of the car and look at the springs. If they are a different color and are branded, you have aftermarket springs on your car...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good One! I just got back from a little vacation in Colorado so I'm still in that vacation state of mind. Didnt even think to look under the back of the car. Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts