Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my Mazda back on Oct 7th and I still don't have a VIN from the factory. Is this normal? its been almost three months and I was under the impression that factory to delivery time was about three months. I'm anxious. :shock:

·
Registered
248 Posts
I ordered my car on Oct. 2nd and today I got word from my salesman that it went "on the water" as of Dec. 22nd.. I didn't ask about getting the VIN from him, but he said that I should get the car before long and there aren't any restrictions on anything that will be put on at port. Judging from posts I've read in the forums, I should expect 3 weeks on the water, 1 week at port, and probably 2 more in shipment from port to the dealership (by train and then by truck). This means I should expect my car at the beginning of February.

My salesman originally told me, and it seems as if he's pretty accurate, that it takes roughly 4 months to get an ordered car from Mazda. Oct. 2nd to Feb. 2nd would be exactly 4 months for me. When I ordered my Jeep, back in August 1993, I got it in exactly 4 weeks. Of course, I live in Cincinnati and the factory is in Toledo. When I sold cars, I ordered a, then, new 1998 GMC Yukon, after warning the buyer that ordered trucks can take a long time to get. It almost changed model years before the truck came in and he ordered it in the Fall. Fortunately for him, I had another on the lot that was exactly like his order, only missing the two-tone paint, and I sent him home with it about a month before his order got there. He couldn't take it waiting any longer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Another data point: Ordered mine on Sept. 22, and was given an estimate of 90 days until delivery. Last week, I learned that the car was built on Dec. 19, and the dealer gave me the VIN. I haven't been notified yet about the car leaving Japan - I hope it caught that same ship departing Dec. 22 as Ruel24's car! The dealer estimated about a month to delivery after build, so I hope to take delivery in 3 weeks or so.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts