Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Looking at Mazda's record, assuming you're talking about the N/A version, I would imagine that the premium sounds system would be by Bose.

Whether or not we'll even have the option of a navigation system is still up in the air. Mazda doesn't seem to see a market for it stateside.

·
Registered
70 Posts
1st MP3 in NH said:
I read about th ebose system but I was mre interested in speaker size and placement.
Being the audio mod over on www.protegemp3.com, which has about 30 other addresses, I have to know these things :D
being that i plan on using the mz3 wagon for sq competition, i'm very interested as well. from the looks of it..i'm guessing it will be 6.5's up front and possibly 6x9's or another set of 6.5's in the rear doors. the front door panels seem to elude to having quite a bit of depth for the mids..or at the very least, plenty of room to space the mids forward closer to that protruding door panel. the dash appears to be very symmetrical, with a reasonably low center console. over-all, aside from the unfriendly-looking stock hu (as far as replacing it goes), the mz3 looks to have very good potential audio-wise.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I AGREE THE 3 WILL BE GOOD FOR SQ. IT LOOKS LIKE 6.5 IN ALL DOORS. JUST SEEMS LIKE THE HEAD UNIT WILL BE A PROBLEM. BUT A MONITER WILL FIT NICE AS WHERE THE NAVIGATION SCREEN IS.

·
Registered
272 Posts
No, no Bose for now. They didn't want to be involved with the Mazda3 and turned down at first. However they might reconsider the decision. There is an unformal exchange between Mazda and Bose during the Tokyo Motor Show last October. I wouldn't expect Bose audio system to be equipped before the 2005 model, if not ever.

·
Registered
267 Posts
bluong1 said:
The speaker size is 5.5 x 7.5 in, front and rear. The tweesters are 1in.
Thats an ODD size for speakers. Hopefully I can get 6.5in round speakers into that hole (a much more standard size).

·
Registered
70 Posts
i must agree...that has to be the first time i've heard of that speaker size. my guess is it's a 5.25" mid with elongated sides for mounting..;) hehe. honestly though..if that's the actual size, then i'll have to take a look at the speaker myself. either way, i'm sure a 6.5" can be fitted in there with some adjustment.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I sure hope so... I got my eyes on a 6.5" Pioneer speaker. The REV series looks like its got some major power handling and good bass response.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Speaker size

I was just in @ my mazda dealership today and my main concern with purchasing the mazda 3 was if I would be able to transfer my stereo from my existing car.
I got a couple of answers out of them
first off the speakrs are 6.5 inch in both the front and the rear doors for the gs or gx model (sedan) and for the gt it is the same but adds a couple of tweeters, likely 2"
As far as mounting a normal DIN style head unit they told me that this would not be possible, however if there were a kit released then it would likely allow for this to be done ...problem being that will take a LONG time no doubt.
my other question i had for them was if it would be possible in anyway to hook up my amplifer, i asked them if tehre were any out puts or preouts or anything and they are getting back to me on monday about that, my assumption is that that will not be an option.
The only thought ive been able to come up with is to splice the speaker outputs and send them into the high level inputs of my amp, it would cut the speaker power but would allow me to power the sub/subs. I suppose adding a 4 channel to power the speakers in that situation would be beneficial in getting enough power to the speakers after having spliced the speaker inputs.

The system i currently have consisits of a 600watt 4channel amp bridged on both channels powering an alpine type R 12". infinity kappa 5-1/4" rear speakrs and blaupunkt overdrive 5-1/4" component speakers. What i am looking todo is most likely sell the speakers and buy new 6-1/2" and replace the stock speakers, however if possible I would also like to include my amp and sub into that system (without replacing the head unit) so if anyone has any suggestions thoughts or ideas that would be great. Also i heard talk of a line driver or something? could someone try and explain what that does to me? i have never come across them :) thanks

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
5x7.... typical ford speaker.

No problem, shave the door a bit, 5x7 ring and a 6 or 6.5 will nestle in there.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
VaBoom just posted on another topic in the electronics section that he thinks that the tweeters are only 3/4". Is that really bad? I like listening to music but know very little about the dynamic of good sound/equipment.

·
Registered
272 Posts
VaBoom just posted on another topic in the electronics section that he thinks that the tweeters are only 3/4".
As I said above, the exact speaker size is 5.5 x 7.5, front and rear, and 1" for the tweeters.

For round speaker, we refer the size to the diameter, and not to the distance between 2 holes for bolts.

·
Registered
398 Posts
speakers

Where do you live? because in canada they are going to be 6.5 inch....do you have a bose sound system option or soemthing too? because the only options available to me are 2, 4 and 6 speaker systems. the gx gs and gt respectivly. they speaker sizes for me in canada n e way are 6.5". the tweeters, yeah sorry bad guess on my part 2" lol, yeah im not sure what they would be. From what i understand tweeter size isn't all THAT important, its more in the quality, since a poor tweeter can create a harsh sound.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts