Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I currently own a 2010 mazda 3 sport gx. Its very bare, Next to no options, This means i don't have the cruise control as well as the multimedia buttons on my steering wheel. I'm currently looking into a new steering wheel as mine is getting very worn and ugly, I was just wondering if I happened to get one that had the Multimedia buttons if it was plug in play or would i have to do some wiring. Thanks, Any response helps.
-Josh

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey everyone, I currently own a 2010 mazda 3 sport gx. Its very bare, Next to no options, This means i don't have the cruise control as well as the multimedia buttons on my steering wheel. I'm currently looking into a new steering wheel as mine is getting very worn and ugly, I was just wondering if I happened to get one that had the Multimedia buttons if it was plug in play or would i have to do some wiring. Thanks, Any response helps.
-Josh
Found this one on cork sport that I plan to get one day. You build it off the stock one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Found this one on cork sport that I plan to get one day. You build it off the stock one.
Thanks for the reply. Yea I know those new steering kits essentially only add the actual handle that goes around your airbag and etc. As you can see you pop in the parts of the wheel that has the multimedia buttons, they don't include those parts with the buttons on them. My question was if I were to add the parts with the multimedia functions to that wheel, would I have to do a bunch of wiring to my infotaintment system to get them to work or is it essentially plug and play like alot of car brands. Essentially just asking if the wiring for the multimedia buttons are already wired in and just not hooked up, as many brands are scummy like this and just don't let you use certain options on lower models.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts